• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will Ebay Intake Pass Smog?

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
So I got pulled over today for modified exhaust, tinted tail light, clear coner lights, and the intake. So I was wondering if the intake that I got from ebay will pass smog? Also I have an appointment with the state referee this friday, should I put on my stock intake or leave the aftermarket intake on? Because when the cop pulled me over they took pictures of all my mods. :cry:

So I got pulled over today for modified exhaust, tinted tail light, clear coner lights, and the intake. So I was wondering if the intake that I got from ebay will pass smog? Also I have an appointment with the state referee this friday, should I put on my stock intake or leave the aftermarket intake on? Because when the cop pulled me over they took pictures of all my mods. :cry:
You live in California dont you? The intake and Exhaust should pass emissions tests as long as you didnt mess with the Cat

Yeah I live in california. Dam I'm so pissed. Now I'm going to was so much money. First I have to get get a set of OEM tail light then pay $38.50 for the state referee to inspect the car.

Last edited:
wow that sucks. im never moving to cali now.

but yeah you should still pass. since the pcm will still run the engine to spec and the cat should do its job.

only if they interfeer with how they work. which the ones ive seen on here dont.

does it mean I got a ticket if they said that "I'm giving this citation so you can get you car inspected from front to end, this is not a fix it ticket"

Citation and ticket are the same thing in the cop world iirc.

A fix it ticket is, "this is illegal, fix it."

Or i could be entirely wrong. :)

The Cop must have been a Chevy guy and was just out ran by another ford.

fixed :laugh:

they will probly check your tints to make sure they are not to dark, they will be smogging you to make sure you left your cat(such a bad cat robbing your power, meow) there.

fixed :laugh:

they will probly check your tints to make sure they are not to dark, they will be smogging you to make sure you left your cat(such a bad cat robbing your power, meow) there.

Made me want to sing some Tom Jones.

lol :blackeye: no hes not, hes had his fair share of tickets. But he lives in michigan so our laws are jusat about N/A compared to cali. If you do know any one in the legal system. have them look at your tints, that is the only thing you should have a problem with in the way of fines, maybe your eyelids but i wouldnt know why. Other then that you should be fine :shrug:

Back