• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's Ready for SZ???

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
Anyone working on finishing up any projects before SZ?

Im running out of time myself, prob wont have a whole lot done :(

I moved about 2 weeks ago, which I wasnt planning on doing until I had all this SZ stuff taken care of. Car hasnt moved since October.

Here is my list.

Oil Change (Amsoil K&N Filter)
Coolant change/flush (Amsoil)
Install RSTB
Install Subframe connectors
Install Starter (just died on me Saturday) :mad:
Big Bore LIM (Installed)
Optimized PRT 65mm TB (Installed)
NPG TB Spacer (Installed)
Install PRT 94A Motor Mounts
Repair or Replace rear Subframe
Install ADDCO Rear Sway Bar
Install PRT Rear Endlinks
Install Striker2 Front Endlinks
Clean Clean Clean

I put on all EBC pads and rotors last year with braided brake lines and Amsoil fluid, I havent really pushed them too hard. I cant wait to give them a workout at Nelson Ledges!!

I know I wont have time to get to everything, but I would really like to get the rear subframe fixed so I can install the sway bar before the track day.

What would you do, buy a new rear subframe or repair the current one? They arent anywhere near as expensive as I thought they would be, but then it still needs beefed up....

Anyone coming in Wednesday feel free to shoot me a PM you can stop by and use my detailing supplies
49d06e19.jpg

Change oil
Give final once over morning of Show & Shine

I can't wait though. I need the vaca!

I am working on finishing my stereo install, new speakers, sub, fiberglass amp rack and corner sub enclosure. Id like to have bumper, hood and sideskirts painted before but that may be a tall order. other than that, planning on buffing the paint and doing some maintenance and we should be ready to go! Im excited.

well lets see where to start...... Rear struts on the green car still and other misc stuff b4 SZ and also a detailing at malcolms house. As for my car i have My new Konis and striker links on. will need align and have my EBC red stuff pads to go on. PLus put the Engine back together, new clutch with a break in period lol. So i only have a few weeks. i guess if i dont get it done by SZ for the road course i will be driving the charger!!!!

well lets see where to start...... Rear struts on the green car still and other misc stuff b4 SZ and also a detailing at malcolms house. As for my car i have My new Konis and striker links on. will need align and have my EBC red stuff pads to go on. PLus put the Engine back together, new clutch with a break in period lol. So i only have a few weeks. i guess if i dont get it done by SZ for the road course i will be driving the charger!!!!

break the clutch in at the track!!!! :laugh:

Counting the days down
To Do list
Oil Change
Coolant Flush
Tint the Tails
Detailing
Paint and Install CAI
fix and redo my BLUE FUZ mesh hahah

Reinstall coilovers and misc. suspension bits
get an alignment
get car polished
clean engine bay/repolish intake mani
install SS brake lines
install new rotors/pads
flush brake fluid

HOLY CRAP! Didn't realize there was that much.

Anyone working on finishing up any projects before SZ?

Im running out of time myself, prob wont have a whole lot done :(

I moved about 2 weeks ago, which I wasnt planning on doing until I had all this SZ stuff taken care of. Car hasnt moved since October.

Here is my list.

Oil Change (Amsoil K&N Filter)
Coolant change/flush (Amsoil)
Install RSTB
Install Subframe connectors
Install Starter (just died on me Saturday) :mad:
Big Bore LIM (Installed)
Optimized PRT 65mm TB (Installed)
NPG TB Spacer (Installed)
Install PRT 94A Motor Mounts
Repair or Replace rear Subframe
Install ADDCO Rear Sway Bar
Install PRT Rear Endlinks
Install Striker2 Front Endlinks
Clean Clean Clean

I put on all EBC pads and rotors last year with braided brake lines and Amsoil fluid, I havent really pushed them too hard. I cant wait to give them a workout at Nelson Ledges!!

I know I wont have time to get to everything, but I would really like to get the rear subframe fixed so I can install the sway bar before the track day.

What would you do, buy a new rear subframe or repair the current one? They arent anywhere near as expensive as I thought they would be, but then it still needs beefed up....

Anyone coming in Wednesday feel free to shoot me a PM you can stop by and use my detailing supplies
49d06e19.jpg

I see you have some pdp stuff Im going to make a Run down to there store when i get up there

I see you have some pdp stuff Im going to make a Run down to there store when i get up there

PDP makes some nice stuff, I usually pick it up at the Federated Auto Parts in Barberton. I have a buddy who manages that store and I get a hell of a deal.

215538_10150552897595165_720930164_18245850_7965680_n.jpg

Current status of my car lol it actually moved like 2 weeks ago......

attachment.php

It was back here.

My cams did show up...... Just waiting on the heads. i sent the cams out a month after the heads

Try to clean the bugs off the front of the car, I think they made it all the way to primer. I won't be winning any shine awards.

Rob

Rob, is your car street legal? Are you going to be able to drive it to the Show and Shine and take it on the cruise?

Define street legal...I figured out a way around it. ;)

Does it have a registration and a license plate?

I failed emissions testing once, figured that was the perfect time to register it as a collector vehicle and never have to worry about it again

Back