• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who's a good tuner?

if you do logans, I'd wager theres at least one cougar guy that jump on board for another visit.

I live right by their shop so people are welcome over to my place before/after for a few beers.

Got some news from Keith at LoganMS.

Forgive me if any of this comes off as confusing since my experience with tuning is next to zilch.

We'll need to get either a chip or an xcal 3. He'll charge us 225 for an SCT chip and 340 for the xcal.

The SCT chip can store 3 tunes that you can switch back and forth to.

Prices for dyno tuning are up to 400 for forced induction set ups. This price could be significantly lower if the fi set ups are problem free. For N/A prices, including 3L it would be 275.

Keith needs to know how many of us there are, if we want chip or xcal, and date we're looking at. He would reserve a whole weekend-Saturday and Sunday-to get all the tunes done.

Besides a list of who's in, started by Matt, we should figure out what weekend we want and also list if you want a chip or xcal.

The 3L price is not bad but damn dudes, i can't drop that much for that damn sct or xcal for tuning.

sigh...

I am still interested. Being that my FI setup is 100% problem free and being driven around with no issue, do you think he would lump me into the 3L group as I only need fine tuning?

Is this his baseline price that he would make adjustments to depending on participation or is this the price per car regardless of how many people take part?

Either way its a pretty good price to have it done on a dyno.

Those that are intereted but want to save a few bucks try e-bay for unlocked xcal2's or 3's. It is a bit of a hastle to have them reset to your car via SCT but well worth the cost savings.

Heres two I found quickly. Craigslist might have some too, search the major metro areas.

Buy It Now - $150
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCT-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Currently at $104
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCT-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

great idea on the xcal's. If you're FI tune is problem free he said it would cost about the same as N/A, around 275. Not sure if the prices he gave me were dependent on amount of participants but he quoted the price after I gave him an estimate of how many guys I thought had expressed some interest. I gave him an estimate of 5 to 10 cars. Don't know how realistic that was but...My sense was that if it ends up just being 3 or 4, he'll give us the same price. And who knows, maybe he'll have room to negotiate more if we get up to 10.

if you do get a locked xcal, you can send it to logans (who sends it to sct) to have it unlocked for 80-100 bucks. if you send it to sct directly they charge 200 something.

Soooo...does anyone still want to do this? I'd like to know who would be in for sure so I can follow up with Keith. I thought at least a couple of us said they were in for sure but that was before we had more specific info, so I don't want to assume that now.

I'll start another list and if you're still in, just add to it. Should probably add how you want to load the tune and what set up you have.

LoganMotorSport dyno tune list.

1. Ares-xcal, n/a 3.0L

I have to do a few things first:
1. Work on house project before any more money is spent on SVT. (I've spent alot of $$$ on the SVT in the past 6 months!).
2. Install NOS kit. (sitting on the shelf)
3. Buy an Xcal.

My dyno guys says for a Dyno Day $50.00 3 pulls per car. 6 car min.

$400 to tune and he will only tune 2 cars a day.

I should be ready in a month or so.

I am in no hurry either, so a month will work for me. I'm 90% sure I'm in.

3L Turbo already base tuned. Have xcal already.

Back