• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who makes the yellow/amber replacement bulbs??

1BadCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I can't remember who makes these replacement bulbs. Is it Hella or another company? Does anyone know where I can order a set of high beam and fog light replacement bulbs? Does anyone have any pics of these? I know there were a couple threads about this topic before the site was updated, but unfortunately they are gone now (or I can't find them). Thanks for the help.

what bulb type you need? Hella makes the Yellowstars model that I use to have in my angel eye fogs, it was H3. If you want yellow bulbs for stocker fogs, then get it on ebay like from Nokya or somthing..:shrug:

Thanks for the help everyone. I decided I'm going to go with the BAT 50watt fog light replacement bulbs and Hella Yellowstar high beams. I'll post pics once everything comes in. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help everyone. I decided I'm going to go with the BAT 50watt fog light replacement bulbs and Hella Yellowstar high beams. I'll post pics once everything comes in. Thanks again.

Thats the combo I have. I have Hella yellowstars 9005 as my highs/DRL's and am soon looking into getting the BAT yellow fogs. I had the yellow starts in my fogs when I had the hella optilux angel fogs and they looked stunning with HID's

Yellowstar highs with Yellowstar fogs (H3 85W)

aa35108f.jpg

the fogs were weak because I think I needed the harness for them to keep full power running to them, the stock harness could not handle the load..oh well, I reverted back to stockers anyways..

Last edited:
I keep forgetting to take a pic of it, but I have Silverstar's in my low beams and Luminix JDM Yellow's in my fogs. They're not quite as intensely amber-yellow as I'd prefer, but they definitely have a distinctive yellow coloration to 'em. They definitely help light up the road and lines at nighttime when it's rainy.

One word of caution about using higher powered bulbs in the fogs: be careful that the high wattage bulbs don't melt the fog light covers. I chose to go with stock-sized 893 bulbs (35w I believe) after reading several accounts of folks using higher wattage bulbs in the stock fogs and melting the covers due to the higher heat output of the higher wattage bulbs. Just something to consider that's all so ymmv...

I keep forgetting to take a pic of it, but I have Silverstar's in my low beams and Luminix JDM Yellow's in my fogs. They're not quite as intensely amber-yellow as I'd prefer, but they definitely have a distinctive yellow coloration to 'em.

From my experience the only bulbs that give me the intense yellow on the ground is the PIAA Ion Fog bulbs. They really are the best bulbs IMO. Imagine a high-lighter and how bright it is on paper. Now imagine that a huge high-lighter colored the ground in front of your car :crazy:. Yea its that bright vibrant amber-yellow. To give you an idea these things if aimed too high will begin to drowned out my HID's.

Of course to use these bulbs you would need a lamp that accepts an H3 bulb. I use the PIAA 510 lamp (looks like stock but WAY better) or use some other lamp.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've seen the PIAA's before and they're about as intensely amber as it gets. I had considered buying the 510's, but as nice as they are I couldn't justify spending that much money on 'em right now. They're still on the wanted list though. :)

PIAA's all the way baby, I run the plasma ion's on my bike and the CSVT, just installed the optilux angle eyes and put PIAA H3 85w (output not actual wattage) plasma ions in, man are they silly bright!

So has anyone actually in person seen or used the replacement lights BAT makes?

I use the amber replacement bulbs that BAT sells. They are made by some Asian company. They are the only bulb that I have experience with in regards to the Contour, besides the stock GE bulbs.

I use the amber replacement bulbs that BAT sells. They are made by some Asian company. They are the only bulb that I have experience with in regards to the Contour, besides the stock GE bulbs.

So did you like them? Got any pics?

Back