• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so if we can get a deal on a wideband O2 kit would we be better off getting it ourself like the xcal2 or getting in within the kit?

Do you think the TQ is so high due to the stock manifolds?

The torque is high due to several things. The piping design, the high compression of the stock motor, and the tuning especially. We are running a bit leaner than it will be on the kit tune. Remember, the high compression works wonders for producing a lot of power on a little boost. This at the expense of being able to run higher boost levels. Still it shows a LOT of potential!
:cool:
Like Joey said...the tune is top secret... lol

The torque is high due to several things. The piping design, the high compression of the stock motor, and the tuning especially. We are running a bit leaner than it will be on the kit tune. Remember, the high compression works wonders for producing a lot of power on a little boost. This at the expense of being able to run higher boost levels. Still it shows a LOT of potential!
:cool:
Like Joey said...the tune is top secret... lol

So if you're saying the piping design and setup is capable for a lot more power will this be the primary kit or are you guys still planning on designing another different kit geared towards 3L, headers, etc. ?

Edit: Those torque numbers are crazy! :D

So if you're saying the piping design and setup is capable for a lot more power will this be the primary kit or are you guys still planning on designing another different kit geared towards 3L, headers, etc. ?

Edit: Those torque numbers are crazy! :D

Well, I guess I should say that the power is dependent on those things but then it is in ANY kit...so I guess I didn't state anything of value now did I?
:eek:

The points is these are first test numbers and they are preliminary. We are analyzing this stuff now to see what things what it tells us. We'll have a definitive post soon listings out our facts.

I would like to know what the hell he means by "BOV=gayness.......WASTEGATES=pure hotness"? I mean i know not all people like the sound of a BOv but it does help prolong the life of the turbo. SO how is that gay, and how does wastegate = pure hotness? lol Ummm if you didnt know every turbo kit has a Fing wastegate. And yes the BOV does sound intimidating and bad ass when riding by.

umm, what?

CTC said he wanted to hear a video of the BOV,hence my qoute.I said Bov sound is annoying and gay,in my personal opinion the sound of the wastegates expelleing the air at full boost sound much better(I. E.look up some supra video and listen to the turbo spool up and then the wastegate actuator come alive...pure sex)
I.E. BOV are useless unless your running alot of boost or the set them to recirculate the air.

Last edited:
I would like to know what the hell he means by "BOV=gayness.......WASTEGATES=pure hotness"? I mean i know not all people like the sound of a BOv but it does help prolong the life of the turbo. SO how is that gay, and how does wastegate = pure hotness? lol Ummm if you didnt know every turbo kit has a Fing wastegate. And yes the BOV does sound intimidating and bad ass when riding by.

No sh*t every turbo kit come with a wastegate,I was simply saying a Like the sound Of the wastegate over any BOV,Go on any evo or sti forums and see how unnecesary a bov is when you can get it to recirculate.And as far as INTIMIDATING,lol,I guess it sounds like you hvae a vacuum leakwhen you pull up at a stop light.FWIW if there was a video a think trubo spool would be a lot nicer to hear than a BOV Just my .02

BUT ANYWAYS ENOUGH OF THIS LETS STAY POSITIVE AND ON SUBJECT ON THIS SWEET TURBO KIT THAT JOEY AND TOM ARE CREATING!!

CTC said he wanted to hear a video of the BOV,hence my qoute.I said Bov sound is annoying and gay,in my personal opinion the sound of the wastegates expelleing the air at full boost sound much better(I. E.look up some supra video and listen to the turbo spool up and then the wastegate actuator come alive...pure sex)
I.E. BOV are useless unless your running alot of boost or the set them to recirculate the air.

i would never run any turbo system without a blow off valve or a bypass valve. it doesnt matter how much boost you run, when the throttle is closed it needs to go somewhere, and i would rather not have compressor surge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back