• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
$2500 to $2800 for this kit. Price has yet to be set.

$500 for tuning. including software charges and equipment.

Then additional guages maybe $200 for temp,oil etc.

Wideband is around $350 then you need to install it ?? have no idea for install prices maybe $200.

so your looking around 4k for everything to be safe.

Still cheaper than adc's kit of $5,500.00:shocked:

Well that is saying you do the install of the turbo kit your self.

Also a battery relocation kit steeda is offering. $125.
Then you must install that also your self or add cost to that.

I guess i will be investing in this little by little.
ill install it my self. im installing everything actually.

The top goal has been stated MULTIPLE TIMES.

275 2.5
325 3.0
IIRC

Oh... no.. that's with UPGRADED headers, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.. you could push the "kit" upwards up 450.

thanks thats probally the way ill go. now boost is new and ive been following this pretty closely.

i have a question. can u electronicly control the waste gate so that u could run small boost in low rpms so you dont constanly lose traction and slowly build it up or is there another way to do that? just a thought

You cant electrionically control the wastegate but you can electronically control what pressure the wastegate "sees". Doing that you can have the gate open at your desired boost level.

You do this by having an electronic boost controller beween the manifold and the wastegate.

I know this isnt entirely clear but a general google search on how boost controllers work should provide ample explanation.

Why?

I don't think you need to feel bad Jim, your stuffs are a totally different beast. I know it's costing a little bit more, but considering even Burrita's kit, with stainless steel pipings, headers, battery relocation kit, and a water-air intercooler/pump swap options, will certainly push $4000 and up.

One of the reason for Joey to offer a kit at lower price is to build up reputation for the new shop. He is next to making nothing on the kit. The audience/prospect customers for the kit, on the other hand, will not be able to afford a nice kit like ADC's. It's a fact the current demographic of CSVT owners' average age is in the twenties. There are many things with higher priority than a Turbo kit. That's the reason ADC was not able to sell more kits, so the price can never go down for that reason.

Another thing, timing is the key. When you had the enthusiasm to build a super CSVT, the ADC kit was the only thing available. So you went ahead to secure the very last kit ever made. It was the correct decision since I know financing is not any problem for you. Heck, as late as last December Warmonger in one of his post even mentioned that he saw no reason/no market to build a kit. He would have done that if it was 2002. So no body knew there would be this kit coming even himself. Even so, you have the nice kit in your hands while everybody else (well, most) is still in the saving plan. Not to get it installed by now, on the other hand, is another story. However after things you have been through recently, and the missing of a big garage, no one can blame you on that, so you should not give yourself any hard time either.

I am sure when your kit is done you can get Warmonger to tune your car and I believe he will love to do that. It's better than ADC tuning anyway, so why worry about ADC's service? Oh, if you contact Tom now I believe you can get the 'buddy' deal too. :laugh:

So cheer up my friend. Even though I am set on a Burrita kit, I still can't stop :drool: on your kit :shocked::laugh:
Oh, I'm not feeling left out quality wise or anything and the price difference isn't a big deal. It’s just that I really like supporting innovators on CEG.

I need to actually assemble this darn thing before I start troubling Tom about tuning services. Just for bragging rights I may push it hard on the dyno - with a trustworthy tune. The Noble engines are modified and built to survive it.

In the end though, I don't think it will be any more fun to drive than a more modest turbocharged 2.5L SVT.

Whats a good estimate on how long it would take to install the kit once everything is set in stone? My CSVT is my daily driver

Taking your time, working on it for a few hours at a time...2 days. Everything is external mostly (except injectors). So it can't be too long. Thats assuming you have everything you need to do it standing by...

1 Hr.
to remove the y-pipe, shock absorber, battery, battery bracket and intakew/ filter.

30 mins.
to remove the headlight, grill, fender and powersteering cooler.

1 Hr.
to cut 2" hole, snip the fan shroud, and cut off the intake braket.

30 mins.
to install up-pipe and mount turbo

30 mins
to install downpipe, wastegate, and exhaust extension

1 hr
mount intercooler and run intercooler piping

1 hr
change out injectors

1hr
to connect oil lines and drains

30 mins
to install intake with MAF
giving you have tools to do all.

8-10 hours if you know how to use the tools correctly.

but honestly I will tell you how long it takes me this weekend when I trnafer the kit over to my car with the running 2.5 liter

everybody is talking about HP, but what about torque? any estimates. I have 208 ftlbs on a 75 shot. I have a spec stage one, and I am interested in this kit. Will my stage one hold up for now. I would ideally like to transfer my stuff to a 3L and get a stage 3, but the temptation to have a turbo now is too strong.

A little confused about the MAF :confused:

Are you making one for this kit, I thought I read that?

Does that mean I wouldn't be able to use my ProFlow 75mm MAF?

Tuning with a ProM would be a much bigger burden than an OEM maf, since all the calibrations on a ProM are different from MAF to MAF.

true story^

with an oem maf we can have a much better idea on numbers and the such. and itll be more common along the boards im sure.

true story^

with an oem maf we can have a much better idea on numbers and the such. and itll be more common along the boards im sure.

Numbers will be the same with either unit, its just that tuning from Tom's standpoint is so much easier since the calibration is identical for the OEM mafs. Chances are the people with PRO-Ms probably dont have their calibration data sheet either.

this kinda sucks....so I can't use my ProFLow 75mm MAF or my brand new WR Y-pipe. :bah: I don't have the stock MAF so that's going to be an issue. Its hard for me to see going back to a stock MAF. It just seems like I'm going backwards instead of forward.

I was hoping this kit would add onto these performance parts but it seems just the opposite.

Anyone else in the same boat??

You can use the Pro-M but realize the tuning may run into to more time and I am not sure if that will cost more on the tune. But if you are tuning your own car or having a shop do it locally then it is your call. I am making a adpater plate that will mock up to a MAF so if the pro-m mounts up to stock intake then you should have no installation problems.

Sum it up the tuner will have the tuning issues associated with Pro-m not the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back