• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who here might be interested in ........

Who here might be interested in ........

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys work very quickly nice job!! Just so you know my birthday is towards the end of this month...just a hint at a possible gift :) jp

Thanks Coute here are final pics minus hose clamps and a 90 degree silicone hose they shorted me at the TB. I am seeing the end at least now I am waiting on parts so I will work on the brackets tomorrow and MAF.

turboproject_038.jpg

turboproject_039.jpg

turboproject_040.jpg

turboproject_043.jpg

Aren't you worried about the cold side piping running right next to the turbine? Seems to me like it would heat it up and kind of defeat the purpose. Or maybe I'm way off base here. . .

J99coug here are some pics so you can see the distance between them. Now don't worry about the hot side of the intercooler I will cool down through the intercooler. The only peice I may sheild is the 90 degree silicone bend hose down below the engine bay. I have a intake temp guage in my car I will make the kit fall in the range of 100f to 150f at the most. Hope these pics clear up some questions
turboproject_041.jpg

turboproject_042.jpg

Wow.... simply amazing guys.... no lie.... that is crazy how fast you got that put together.... I can only hope to one day be able to make things like this for my car. Make sure you don't get rid of those jigs, I hope to save money up once I graduate college here in about august... hopefully I'll get employed with a better paying job and can get enough money around to have this kit built for me as well...

I'm glad we have this great resource on the internet for enthusiast such as ourselves!!!!

I'd like to personally thank all of you, even though I don't know you, who put your time and money into making this kit. Thank you!

Peace out!

No Jeff I have not yet got to it but I will have it in my car next week with the kit fully functional for the dyno. Thanks guys the hardest part is done now I am going to test the kit then make a jig here are my last two pics.
turboproject_044.jpg

turboproject_045.jpg

Ok I see what you are saying, it looked a lot closer in the other pics that you had posted. Looks like you did a great job in a very short period of time. A lot better than ADC saying that they worked on developing a new kit for like 3 months and then dropping it completeley.

Looks great! I had a couple (more) questions.

I know the water ports are going to stay blocked off, but I haven't seen any mention about oiling. Will this be dumping to the oil pan, or have you figured out an easier way? Where will you be getting the oil from?

What are your plans for the induction? Like.. where do you plan on the airfilter being?

Will that last pipe (that's attached to the throttlebody) have nipples for the valve cover vents, IAC, and IAT?

wow...good work...its just sad that i wont have money for a year to buy one of these beauties...also its too bad that you probably wont be making them anymore by then either...

Jigs are being made for a reason, so that these kits can be offered whenever. So a year out, you probably will be able to purchase the kit, so keep saving.

yeah somewhere in the thread it was said there was no time limit on this group buy ...

Question:
if you do use a draw thru mass setup like you plan, where do you plan on recirculating the air back into the intake piping during during under boost conditions and sudden throttle body closing. I know you can't "blow off" to the atmosphere air that has been metered. i have never seen any close ups of the old ADC kits, i am assuming they were draw-thru? how did they recirculate it back into the system?

thanks in advance.

we are going to use the draw through method we just talked about it if I wasn't able to fit the MAF in the corner but it looks like the room is there to keep it all in the engine bay. The IAC, etc will be barbed into the 2.5 peice you see there and the dump valve will be barbed into the exducer pipe then barbed into the intake pipe which is not made yet.

I would imagine that if someone was really concerned about the hot side of the turbo being too close to the intake pipe, you could always put a turbo blanket on there.

I´m afraid for the ground, the pipes looks so near to the ground... If you have the car lowered...
What gauges do you recomend for using with the turbo? boost, A/F ratio...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back