• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

white box

95blufrdr

New CEG'er
Hi all
I have only belonged to this group for about a month, and you guys have solved all of my problems so far. Now i have a question. While replacing the drivers side door glass, i found a little white box hanging from a wire. It has 2 wires, but 1 is broken. Can anyone tell me what it is?? By the way, it has what appears to be a push button on one side of it.
Thanks for all of your help.

The one touch module has 4 wires, not two.

The only other thing that I can think of is that you've found either the latch-open or key cylinder switch and it has broken loose from its mounting spot on the latch.

Does your key electrically unlock the driver's door lock when used? If so, that eliminates the key-switch.

The other possibility is the illuminated entry system. Pulling up onthe handle should trigger the interior lights and the key-ring lights. See if that works or doesn't.

Steve

white box

Thanks projectsho
You nailed it. I found one at the junk yard and spliced the wires and put it where it belonged and it worked. You guys are great.

Back