• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which to build?

Svt44

CEG'er
I know theres alot of post on here about hybrid, full, and ported 3Ls but i dont have much time to look which one is the best to build, send list with what needed. i have a 2004 ford taurus dohc duratec 3L

if you don't have time to research what is the best engine choice for yourself when are you going to have the time to properly build the engine?

so what do you want, easy to install or not? building each is about the same, although the hybrid would require some more work over the other two.

Last edited:
Wow. This is like the fourth thread the last few weeks. Your going to have to do the research.

But to answer your question, the motor that CSVT#49 is building is the best, so just copy that and you should be good to go. But there is a lot of reading in that thread so I'm not sure if you could handle it.

Wow. This is like the fourth thread the last few weeks. Your going to have to do the research.

But to answer your question, the motor that CSVT#49 is building is the best, so just copy that and you should be good to go. But there is a lot of reading in that thread so I'm not sure if you could handle it.

He'll be good to go if he just looks at a couple pictures in CSVT#49's thread

CSVT#49's build is way over the top for what most people will ever need to do. however, if you want to build an engine right, that would be the way to do it, imho.

Back