• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Which Picture is Which...

Which Picture is Which...

• Me?

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Me?

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • I Can't Tell the Differance

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
you should take all that money you saved and get a lower grille:shrug:

I think this was bull**** because you posted TWO EBAY GRILLE'S. Why couldn't you have posted an OEM AND an EBAY so we could actually try and tell the difference? What a waste of my life. I actually counted the number of squares the mesh made to see if they were different, and I concluded they were the same. I'm so angry.

I think this was bull**** because you posted TWO EBAY GRILLE'S. Why couldn't you have posted an OEM AND an EBAY so we could actually try and tell the difference? What a waste of my life. I actually counted the number of squares the mesh made to see if they were different, and I concluded they were the same. I'm so angry.

:shocked: :crazy: Sorry :(.
I will post pics of both side by side.
My point was, and still is. That 99.99999% of the time you would not know the differance. So many people looked at the same grill and came to a different conclusion.

As for the Pics, I moved stuff around in my Photobucket account, so the links are broken, and the thread really is pretty much over as it is.
I didin't intend to make myself feel smarter, or people to feel dumb. I just wanted to show that the EBAY grille, really is quite a decent knock off, and the quality isnt bad either.

P.s. the headlights are Ebay too!

you should take all that money you saved and get a lower grille:shrug:

Already have one and it is in. Same with rear bumper.

And a hood... and a paintjob.... and....

Mark

Hood has been replaced. I know i need a paintjob, and it will happen sometime after the motor goes in it. I am REALLY Contemplating Competition Orange... But... It is a Contour... I don't wanna drag the color down :laugh:. Black would be an Easy Re paint.

The difference is in the mounting points and the POS weather striping the Ebay one uses. There is a difference. Didn't have to waste peoples time with this! F'n lame

The difference is in the mounting points and the POS weather striping the Ebay one uses. There is a difference. Didn't have to waste peoples time with this! F'n lame

I think i know what you mean with the weatherstripping.

The only part i think i have an issue with is the top ledge, because it likes to stick straight up. I have been working on it, to keep it bent over, and over time it is getting better. Other than that, everything with it has been perfect.

Sweet, so you took 2 pics of the exact same grill from different angles so they look different. Then expected us to think they looked the same.

You sir, are a retard.

yeah, exactly what I was thinking

I had a strange feeling that he took a pic of the same grille twice, what a douche, remind me to never look at one of his threads again.

Thanks for chiming in.
I wanted to show, that there is no Discernable visual difference between OEM and EbaY Grille's... I need to take a pic of my OEM one now :D

and it fully pisses me off more that you made this thread just to prove me wrong, everybody else in the thread was wrong in their guesses too and yet you specifically waited for me to :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing chime in so you can stamp all over my day like you have full control of how i feel.

Ban this guy, at least I have never :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed with people's heads before.

P.s. the headlights are Ebay too!

I hope you never want to hightower those :nonono:

Last edited:
I didnt notice a diff, but I didnt really care either.

But I do think its funny...:laugh:

Back