• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to purchase just a front pair of springs not a set of four?

So I am assuming when you say you would have went with the BAT strut/spring kit you meant the "European Handling Kit" @ $640?

If a guy went with this would any additional parts need to be purchased? Or is this kit all I would need to lower the car about an inch?

yes the BAT kit has been around along time and has been used by many. It will lower the vehicle about an inch. As suggest it would also be best to replace the strut mounts at the same time. Optional things would be the end links, swaybar bushings, control arms, etc.

You could, but you will wear them out MUCH faster. Since the struts on your car are 12 years old, I wouldn't do it. I'd just replace everthing and be done with it. A proper spring/strut setup should last you the life of the car.

Ok then likely the BAT setup looks like the way to go as it hs everything in one? Does anyone have a pic of how the car sits after installing the BAT Euro kit?

there is one other kit that has everything needed (struts and springs) and that is the Koni Sport Kit. it will lower the car about 40mm (~1.6") instead of the only 1" that the BAT kit lowers the car. It is however more expensive, but you get the very nice Koni adjustable struts with it.

Back