• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to purchase just a front pair of springs not a set of four?

Westwildcat

CEG'er
Is there anywhere a guy can order just a front pair of lowering springs for a 99 contour svt? The front of my car sits slightly higher as it is so I would like to leave the back how it is and possibly lower the front .5"-1" somewhere in there. Everywhere I look all the springs come in sets of 4 no pairs.

Thanks

They rear struts where replaced in Aug from ones off a 98 contour that where marked in AA condition... are 98 contour springs/struts a little bit shorter than 99 ones maybe?

They rear struts where replaced in Aug from ones off a 98 contour that where marked in AA condition... are 98 contour springs/struts a little bit shorter than 99 ones maybe?

AA condition? in 2011 you replaced your struts with ones from a 98 contour (13 year old struts)...that were in AA condition? What does that even mean?

he replaced them with used parts from the bone yard.

Thats exactly what is meant. It was actually the kid before me that got them replaced. He had just told me that he got new struts put on as the old ones were worn out. When I was putting my new rims on the car I noticed the struts were marked 'Aug 16, 2011 - Condition AA - 98 Contour' and thats when I found out he didnt have them replaced with new but rather good shape used ones.

yeah, I wouldn't call 13 year old struts "good". Chances are they are weak or shot and that has dropped the rear end of the car. replace all the struts with new, and the car will sit more level then it is now.

Ok if im replacing all struts im going with slightly lower ones as i like where the back end sits just want the front to sit a little lower to so it has a slight rake look to it. I notice some lowering kits are set up to lower the front more?

struts aren't what lower the car. springs lower the car. if you want a rake then your best bet is to go with two different types of springs front and back.

So I am assuming when you say you would have went with the BAT strut/spring kit you meant the "European Handling Kit" @ $640?

If a guy went with this would any additional parts need to be purchased? Or is this kit all I would need to lower the car about an inch?

So I am assuming when you say you would have went with the BAT strut/spring kit you meant the "European Handling Kit" @ $640?

If a guy went with this would any additional parts need to be purchased? Or is this kit all I would need to lower the car about an inch?

That is correct.

This is all you need. However you should probably replace your strut mounts at the same time.

if you want a rake then your best bet is to go with two different types of springs front and back.

I would not do that at all, springs come in matched sets of four. Beside a set of H&R springs will give you a rake.

DSC_7011.jpg

Back