• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where to get E0 Caliper Springs?

the p/n i gave you is what the dealer ship gave me and they fit on my E1. as for my pedal presser they were so bad i had to take the springs off for safety

the p/n i gave you is what the dealer ship gave me and they fit on my E1.

If you have E1 you should have std calipers, not larger calipers of E0. I assume Mrtique, although his car is '99, has installed E0 calipers. Other than BAT or dealership I would say "good luck." I'm in the same boat - recently picked up some E0 calipers and new euro disks to mount on the wife's '95 GL V6. The spring clips are VERY different. Try 1stfordparts.com. They're my favourite, although you may have to call them for such a low volume part.

BAT is currently out of stock on the springs, I evidently bought the last 2 they had... I had another one in the garage but i've torn through it once looking for it with no luck. I have an '05 Focus caliper spring coming in tomorrow from the parts store. I know the spring looks close but we'll hafta see if it'll work...

Alright, did some more research, from what i've found, the E0 caliper is the same as the Mondeo ST24 caliper... At least thats what i've concluded, it looks identical...

E0 Caliper Springs

E0 Caliper Springs

My understanding is that Ford reached into their euro parts bin for the first-generation E0 SVT front discs and calipers, and that is what BAT imports. Are they the same as ST24? I don't know. BAT's catalogue says only that "This brake arrangement is similar to what some of the 4WD
Mondeos and other Cosworth powered Ford cars used in Europe." May have to go to the Mondeo Owners Club web forum and ask them.:shrug:

I sure did like ATE's new PowerDisk setup though!!!
http://www.ate.de/generator/www/com..._brake_discs/prodhighlights_powerdisc_en.html

Back