• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Where Are My Windshield Squirters!

Thanks frenchy! Dr. Cross, I too never used my squirters because the car would get full of juice, I use to only use them if the car was very dirty and it was going to be washed within a day or two.....

Joe, your a freaking genius!

You'll have to help us do the same thing on Wayne's SVT as he has that custom Mustang Gt grafted thingy and there are no wiper holes at all so it prevents him from driving the car at times.

Will GM wipers bolt on to a Ford? My Grand Prix has the wipers on the wiper arm...:confused: :idea:

I don't think (don't quote me) that they will fit, but I am sure you could remove the clips and hose from a GM and modify them to work on our cars.

NVMYSVT: I didn't realize how many people went without squirters! I did mine with the tools I had available and should have been done with a dremel for sure. I did it with drill bits pushing sideways :nonono: and my soldering iron. Not the best tools for the job but they did the job. I could guide someone in the right direction, but if I wreck their trim pieces then I would feel bad. I felt like I had no other choice, so if I wrecked mine, no big deal.

Either you can do it with the hose on the Arms like GM or
I like my astro I believe had metal hoses that stuck out
through the cowl, and sprayed.

+1

Definitely a nice job there.

Forget LEDs, thats just rice. Put in one of those units that heats up the fluid FTW.

I agree, LED squirters rice - I use to have them! hehe. There actually is room by the cabin air filter to put some type of heating element for the juice. Maybey some other time, as I was just going for function for now....

Thanks for the compliments!

I miss the days when all I had to get done for SZ was a new easy mod like this. Now it's motor swaps and trailers :laugh:......

lol. i opened this thread to the first page and got so pissed when i read that you put that cowl back on! whoops! didnt even look at the date! :) i know you wouldn't lie to me joe!!!!!

UPS honestly lost that ••••, that cowl is long gone. They probably smashed it and didn't want to fess up, so they deemed it "missing". I wish it was on your car, what a shame :nonono:. Yah, this is an old thread ;).

Holy 3 year old thread batman

Lol seriously! Damn you Joe!

UPS honestly lost that ••••, that cowl is long gone. They probably smashed it and didn't want to fess up, so they deemed it "missing". I wish it was on your car, what a shame :nonono:. Yah, this is an old thread ;).

Out of curiosity, what happened between you and UPS? I'm assuming you filed some sort of claim or something, right?

Yep, they cover everything up to $100 for no extra charge. I sold the cowl to Smalls for less than that so I refunded his money and ended up making a little off the entire deal. I still use UPS but their extra charges for dumb •••• is starting to piss me off.

Back