• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What's the difference?

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
Between these two tips??
magnaflow 35143
35143.jpg

magnaflow 35216
images

Other than pic sizes :laugh: ?????? Im wanting to get a pair of these tips and notice that some are more expensive although both are the same length, size inlet and out and both are stainless steel......?? So why are they priced different?:confused:

if you are making your own catback, after the y at the end when you split to duals, it is perfectly alright to go down to 2.25 inch pipe. In fact, I would say you would safely go down to 2" or 1.75" inch pipe after the y into dual outlets without creating restriction.

if you are making your own catback, after the y at the end when you split to duals, it is perfectly alright to go down to 2.25 inch pipe. In fact, I would say you would safely go down to 2" or 1.75" inch pipe after the y into dual outlets without creating restriction.

FIND is correct....but leave the 1.75 out of your setup. Because 2inch would be the least you would want after the Y. 1.75 would be too little.
Many people upgrade and go to a 2.5" trubendz setup. Nothing larger then that is needed!! You will lose power!
No point in going small...when after other modifications down the road will help contribute to the need of more exhaust flow :)

FIND is correct....but leave the 1.75 out of your setup. Because 2inch would be the least you would want after the Y. 1.75 would be too little.
Many people upgrade and go to a 2.5" trubendz setup. Nothing larger then that is needed!! You will lose power!
No point in going small...when after other modifications down the road will help contribute to the need of more exhaust flow :)

Taking into account only cross-sectional area, splitting to 1.75" is a restriction. It is even MORE of a restriction when you consider area of the laminar flow boundary layer along the pipe wall.

Anyways...

Pipe configuration......Total cross-sectional area
1-2.5"................................4.91 sq in
1-2.25"...............................3.98 sq in
2-2"...................................6.28 sq in
2-1.75"...............................4.81 sq in

Taking into account only cross-sectional area, splitting to 1.75" is a restriction. It is even MORE of a restriction when you consider area of the laminar flow boundary layer along the pipe wall.

Anyways...

Pipe configuration......Total cross-sectional area
1-2.5"................................4.91 sq in
1-2.25"...............................3.98 sq in
2-2"...................................6.28 sq in
2-1.75"...............................4.81 sq in

soz, I didn't do the math. I normally would.

Back