• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what next

I have MSDS headers.
And unfortunately I have to say I am regretting the decision.

My setup: MSDS header coated, optimized Y pipe, stock cat, full Bosal exhaust with silencer. It sounds good, no rasp. But it is really loud. At cruising speed, floor the gas immediately increases the sound level, but I don't see an immediate pick up in power with my butt dyno.

Yes, it could increase a HP or two, but at the cost of super loud. I found after the MSDS headers were on, I drive even more granny like to avoid the loudness. My little ones complain about it too loud.

I should have stopped after the 3L got in. That was a huge improvement. Headers? Not so much.

I have MSDS headers.
And unfortunately I have to say I am regretting the decision.

My setup: MSDS header coated, optimized Y pipe, stock cat, full Bosal exhaust with silencer. It sounds good, no rasp. But it is really loud. At cruising speed, floor the gas immediately increases the sound level, but I don't see an immediate pick up in power with my butt dyno.

Yes, it could increase a HP or two, but at the cost of super loud. I found after the MSDS headers were on, I drive even more granny like to avoid the loudness. My little ones complain about it too loud.

I should have stopped after the 3L got in. That was a huge improvement. Headers? Not so much.

That is why you install a high flow muffler that reduces sound!!! That way you get the flow you want with the sound you are looking for.

Back