• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What do you guys think of this?

Sheesh .. more NECEGers buying cars! I have the bug too but am "trying" to wait. (MS6 is on my list too)

Congratulations! I love that color combination! :drool:

You got the Grand Touring? Very nice .. definitely worth the price premium (for the folding seats alone!). But I haven't found ones for a minimal price difference as you describe.

Last edited:
If I may ask, what else did you test drive?

Overall we test drove the following. We didn't test an MS3 because Werner was a bit picky about that, but Grappone offered to let us test the MS6 without us even asking.

First Weekend:
1. '07 Mazda 3 Grand Touring 4 door, in Whitewater Pearl. 5-speed manual. Very nice and practical, but a little lacking in power. It was actually tops on our list before we test drove anything.

2. '04 Ford Mustang GT, Red, 5-Speed manual. It only had 17k miles on it, and the previous owner installed Flowmaster exhaust, so it sounded sweet. Ugly interior though on the previous generation. Not practical for a DD.

3. '03 Honda S2000, Silver, 6-Speed manual (no auto option FTW). Only had 80xx miles. Very nice, but impractical and I'd rather the '04 with the newer taillights and larger wheels.

Second Weekend:
4. '04 Acura TL, Silver, Auto (FTL), no Nav. Had 40k miles and was a little rough around the edges, but rode beautifully and pulls pretty good. Had the black leather interior, but the auto tranny left this one out of the running.

5. '04 Volvo S60R, Black Sapphire, Auto unfortunately but had the auto-stick. Also had the black interior with the natural leather seats. All I can say is OMFG!!! This became #1 on our list. I left a wet spot in the seat. 300 HP turbo 5 banger pulls like a MF. 3 chassis modes, which I tried consecutively on an off ramp starting with soft and the car immediately squatted and over steered slightly each time I switched modes! The paint is amazing, jet black base with dark blue pearl. Ugh, just thinking about it again makes me not able to stand up without taking a chunk out of my desk. I forget what the 3 chassis modes are called, but this is what I call them: Lincoln Town Car, SVT Contour, and Ferrari. It had 40k miles and with the auto it was out of the running though. We told the guy to try and find the exact car with the 6-speed manual, but....

6. '07 Mazdaspeed 6. Bought........... Main reason is because for about the same price we got a new car that is only slightly slower but still sets you back in the seat, even though I've only heard the turbo once since we're trying to break it in nicely. Has a ton of torque off the line thanks to the direct injection, which is surprising for a 4 banger and I can only imagine how she'll pull in the higher RPM's with the turbo and VVT. 25 MPG is decent too!

To be fair, Werner Mazda did start up the MS3 for us and let us nose around in it, even rev the engine and stuff.
I still had a hard time with the whole wagon look.

oh and you forgot we test drove an 07 Volvo S40 T5. That was also very nice, but we made the mistake of driving it after the S60, so it cheapened the experience. ;)
We had others on our list to test drive, but fugg it, I got sick of waiting for the inevitable. The Mazda has been on our list for far too long.

We had others on our list to test drive, but fugg it, I got sick of waiting for the inevitable. The Mazda has been on our list for far too long.

exactly how I made my decision :cool:

but since the beginning I wanted my coupe like in 2003 when they first came up. I went to infiniti telling them that if I couldnt get a car from them, Im going right next door to BMW, the dude almost crapped his pants and brought out his manager and that was that :crazy:

Congrads on the new car Kim, when is she getting the Zaino treatment now? Mine is still waiting for this weekend hopefully

Looking good. I like the MS6 much better than the plain old 6.

At 26k miles my Milan is developing brake pulsation on off ramps. :( Will have to see if garnet paper cures it or not.

Also, got a new windshield thanks to a rock and the fuggin glass shop scratched the hood. I hate people.

ugh, the Cougar has that brake pulsating again too.
This time I'm buying all new brakes/rotors. NOT OEM either. :mad:

and yeah, people definitely suck. :(

Nice car! I was looking at an 06 Titanium Gray a month or so ago. It was a salesrep demo car, so it only had 6K on it. The price was right, but I just didn't get the same "feeling" that I do when I drive my SVT. I think the barely noticeable exhaust on the MS6 was the reason for that. I would definately like to check out the MS3 in the future as well.

Back