• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Adhesive

hotblack98

CEG'er
I pulled the chrome strip of the rear reflector and now I can't get it stay on. I have tried epoxy,Gorillia glue and super glue. They all work for a little while and then starts to pull off at the corners. Any idea's

Thanks
Mike

I pulled the chrome strip of the rear reflector and now I can't get it stay on. I have tried epoxy,Gorillia glue and super glue. They all work for a little while and then starts to pull off at the corners. Any idea's

Thanks
Mike

I've used 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive for numerous things and it works great. It is a red tube and it is yellow in color and dries very fast. Hold is very strong. Found at your local Shlep Boys.

I used gorilla glue and it worked fine. I misted the reflector with some water, then applied the glue on both pieces where it was broken, then put about 6 clamps on it and left it overnight.

When I asked this a while ago I was told 3M Emblem Adhesive by a bunch of people. Still too lazy to go get some but I'm sure it works well if you apply it in a warm environment :D

Back