• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Well it was inevitable

yeah but we were the stupid asses for not looking further into the parking issue with the trailer. (and also for buying way more toys than our property can handle).
The shed is out of my hands. I made a bunch of assumptions about it, especially since the tax assessor's office acknowledges it. I was informed that the tax assessor doesn't give a crap if you've got permits for stuff, they just want their money. lol

If we really wanted to pursue it, we could try to prove that the shed was there before the 1998 developments were made in the neighborhood, but frankly, I don't feel like going before a zoning board. Too much bs to go through for a shed I've always hated.
The trailer, well that's a different issue. I'm going to call local storage places and see what I get for quotes today.

We definitely gotta get our arses in gear and fix that wall in the garage so we can start parking the bikes in there, like we've always wanted.

How big/what type of shed is it? If it's just your basic lawn mower shed those aren't that hard to move. We moved ours when my dad built a new garage, lots of big diameter PVC pipes and a few friends and you can roll it as long as you don't have any major hills in the way.

most of their yard is a hill...

i think you need to drive around and figure out who ratted you out.
they must have a large trailer on their property too.
i would be curious as to how poorly they have it parked compared to the aesthetically pleasing way you guys parked yours.
i hate when someone has something that looks crappy and they get dinged for it, so they have to drag someone else down, even if the someone else went out of their way to make it look good.

i hate neighbors

there are people with boats, RV's, trailers, etc all over the neighborhood. I'm over the whole tattling issue. Funny because we were sorta getting that backed into a corner feeling before I called the city, so I can kinda relate to the finger pointers.

The shed is 8x12 feet and it's solid wood. And unfortunately it would have to go uphill to get to the back yard. Not my idea of a good time. heh

Sorry to hear about the property dispute, we have one brewing in our neighborhood and it's probably going to blow up soon. A measuring accuracy increases and zoning requirements bcome more strict I can only imagine this become a more common issue. Hopefully you can make the adjustments with little cost. Might be worth demoing the shed.

:p :laugh:

I talked to the guy this morning and he offered to come out Friday to help us figure out what we can do. That'll help us draft up a permit for what we need and get the ball rolling on that.

I think what we may do is draft up a plan to say we'll move the shed in a more appropriate part of the yard, and then park the trailer further up. Once they approve that plan, we'll have a year to actually accomplish it, so that means we can leave all our ish the way it is until then.
What we'll really do is fix the wall inside the garage (no permit necessary for that), park the bikes in the garage, store the trailer at a facility, set up a new shed in the approved area and get rid of the old shed, all within our allotted year.
Oh and buy a new house that actually holds all our crap within the next couple years. :D

Moving a shed is easy. I did it with 3 4" pvc tubes rolled on 2x4s laid down like rails. I used the car jack to get the shed up. You can just push it around with a couple people or pull it with a lawn tractor

Look on youtube, there are a lot of people out there that made a video. Lotta dumb people too.

Moving a shed is easy. I did it with 3 4" pvc tubes rolled on 2x4s laid down like rails. I used the car jack to get the shed up. You can just push it around with a couple people or pull it with a lawn tractor

Look on youtube, there are a lot of people out there that made a video. Lotta dumb people too.

It would have to be pushed uphill....

We've decided to clear out space under the deck to move all our shed stuff there. We made excellent headway with that today. Astounding how much stupid stuff we had laying around under there.
Once the shed is cleared out, we're getting rid of it and not replacing it. Why bother putting one in if there's plenty of room under the deck.
Also going to store the trailer most likely in early June.
And we're going to start the process of moving. If the new owner wants a shed, they can do it their damned selves.
We already saw a house that we are quickly falling in love with.

So if the shed doesn't sell within a month (will post on craigslist soon), then we're considering a shed knockdown party on 4th of July weekend. I don't think we can burn the wood, but at least we can bash the shiz out of it til it is a pile of rubble.

btw, Elky, you interested in some plates of Lexan? We were originally going to use a couple of them as car show hood props (with mod lists and junk). I can't bring myself to throw them out.

Well that didn't take long. I didn't even have to post it on craigslist.
My dad stopped by on Sunday because he was in the neighborhood. He saw us clearing out the shed and reorganizing under the deck. So we told him we decided to just get rid of the shed.
Right away he had a friend in mind to take it.
He asked his friend Monday morning if he wanted it. His friend said he wanted to see it. Monday afternoon my dad showed it to him. This morning my dad calls me to say his friend wants it and wants to come get it within 2 weeks.
sweet
So we told my dad as long as he oversees things, his friend can come take it the weekend we're at Carlisle (since our trailer won't be in the way).

So I put a call in to the city to make sure that we don't have to do anything special to let Steve come take the shed.
Heaven forbid we violate some other stinkin ordinance in the process. :p

Back