• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Waterloo garages

sjthuss

New CEG'er
Hi,
I'm in Waterloo, Ontario and was wondering if there is anyone also from Waterloo who could recommend a good mechanic. I've been taking my car to the Midas on University, I find they are great, but pricey.
Any suggestions?

Hey sjt, I'm in Kitchener, and I take mine to Fowler Tire on Fairview (at Manitou). They are a Fixed Rate shop for the mechanics, so you don't have to worry about them cutting corners to make a buck. I use Chris there, he's a pretty straight up guy. Aside from that, I don't have anywhere else to reccomend since I'm originally from the London area.

Hi,
I'm in Waterloo, Ontario and was wondering if there is anyone also from Waterloo who could recommend a good mechanic. I've been taking my car to the Midas on University, I find they are great, but pricey.
Any suggestions?

Pricey no doubt! Blew a timing belt and they quoted me 1500 dollars! :mad:
Gf's family goes to a guy in Cambridge. Morrison Automotive. He did the job for more than half and also did a couple other things. Only been there the once, so hard to say if he is reliable or cheap. Need to get a couple things looked at on my car so I am going to head over there next week and see what he quotes me.

Oh, if anyone knows a real cheap muffler shop I'm all ears on that front. Was originally going to get my flex pipe replaced and both Midas and Minute Muffler (think that was the place - corner of fairway and old king, by charcoal steakhouse) they wanted 210 bucks to replace it! :nonono:

Back