• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Washed it today

actually they are in fact the exact wheels used on older model mondeos that were left over from the original production run. they were shipped here and put on the first model of the SVT which is why they changed them half way through the first year. they ran out.

Nice try, but they are NOT the same wheels! I don't know where you got your info, but it's wrong.

Similar wheel, but not the same.

Would you like a side by side picture comparison? :rolleyes:

Would you like a side by side picture comparison? :rolleyes:

I would.

1002081237a.jpg

DSC_0008_edited-1.jpg

I don't know, if not the same they look dam close. Tom, you going to England for Christmas? Sweet, if the centers would fit on eo's I'm all over it.

And hey, that Merkur looks bad ass.

I would.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/hotdimmes/1002081237a.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/arabianjules/mymondySi/DSC_0008_edited-1.jpg

I don't know, if not the same they look dam close. Tom, you going to England for Christmas? Sweet, if the centers would fit on eo's I'm all over it.

And hey, that Merkur looks bad ass.

The Mondeo wheels are either 15"x6" or 16"x7" while ours are 16"x6.5".

The Mondeo wheels do not have a lip on the outer edge like SVT E0 wheels.

Mondeo:
0e5c_1.JPG

SVT E0:
p6-3.jpg

So yes, they are very similar, but Ford didn't just ship over Cosworth wheels, make a new center cap, and use them until "they ran out".

The wheels are DEFINITELY different. However, the center caps do look like they are the same exact shape. I wonder if they clip in the same :confused:

The wheels are DEFINITELY different. However, the center caps do look like they are the same exact shape. I wonder if they clip in the same :confused:

Probably. I've seen pictures with the caps off, and it mounts the same as the E0's.

Is it the exact same size cap? That I don't know.

my appologies. i read that somewhere and found good enough evidence to believe it. never noticed the lip. the size is almost identical and the weight im sure is very close to the same.

it was good enough for me. i will investigate while in the uk over christmas.

and hotdimmes your merkur is hott

Back