• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Trade

Doomsday

New CEG'er
CHICAGOLAND AREA

Ok, well I haven't been a member here long enough to post on the classifieds but I am interested in trading my 99 Ford Taurus SE, for a Contour, or a Contour SVT. Would prefer a manual tranny with the 6 cylinder but again I'd be open to reasonable offers.

The Taurus has been a strong runner for me. I bought her over a year ago (April 11 2011 was date of purchase for me) with 67k miles and since then have added just under 30k miles. The odo is sitting at approx 96k (too lazy to go check odo) which will go up since it is my daily driver. Car is light blue (graphite blue metallic) with a grey cloth interior. Here is a list of the options I can think of off of the top of my head:

3.0L 24v DOHC Duratec V-6 (basic mods: Intake Silencer removed, K&N panel Filter)
4 speed Automatic Trans shifts smooth
5 spoke alloy wheels in excellent condition (I'm a tire technician so this is kinda a big deal to me)
2 newish yokohama Avid trz's on the front 7/32nds on both
2 no name brand tires on the rear that I bought the car with 6/32nds on both
Power Drivers Seat with Lumbar support
Remote Keyless Entry (2 Fobs with 1 Key each)
Power Locks
Power Windows
Power Mirrors
Rear Window Defroster
A/C is cold
Heat is Hot
Grey Cloth Interior in Good Condition
Aftermarket Radio (Pioneer MP3 Capable, works well but looks very very used) installed by yours truly with the Scosche Dash Mounting Kit specific to the Gen 3 Taurus
6 Speaker Premium Audio System from Factory all of which work
Newer brakes with approx 27k miles on them

The Bad

Alignment Issue. Needs Front struts replaced in order to correct. The car pulls to the left slightly due to this. A bit of rust on the driver side quarter panel. I tried sanding and priming but have been unable to find a local place I can buy factory matched paint from. Rust keeps peeping through the primer though. A few nicks and scratches but I call it my 10 foot car because you can't see any problems from 10 feet away :cool:

For those of you too lazy to read all that here is the sum up: Mechanically Strong, Cosmetically Challenged.

I have managed 32mpg on a road trip I took out to Connecticut this summer. Feel free to email abwarpinski at gmail dot com or send me a pm I will email photos to those interested or if I can figure out how to get the photos to work on here. Again throw some offers out there but I would prefer a car trade since this is currently my only car and my daily driver at that. She has plenty of space and is very reliable and I don't need to get rid of her. I just want something a little more fun.

Back