• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vortech build

Vortech build

Here it is. Interesting surfaces that got scratched off..... Will these affect anything Andy?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392395857.739875.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392395857.739875.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 0
Here it is. Interesting surfaces that got scratched off..... Will these affect anything Andy?

That's how Vortech balanced the impeller. This component is turning 50,000 RPM at full song, perhaps a bit more, balance is critical.

Those marks won't hurt anything, that's probably just how they balance them like gmorrell said. It should function just fine although their method for balancing looks somewhat crude.

I can say from experience, those marks are definitely from and for balancing. Just don't look at it and you will be fine. :)

So now that I took a closer look at the pics I notice that the impeller they sent you and the one out of the unit are slightly different in design. I notice that the original design has 9 'fins' that start at the top of the hub and work their way down to the base. It looks like the new unit only has 8 that run top to bottom but it has several that are closer to the base and not the full length. Hard to say whether this would affect performance at all but it might be worth an email to s/c rebuilds to see what they have to say about it.

So now that I took a closer look at the pics I notice that the impeller they sent you and the one out of the unit are slightly different in design. I notice that the original design has 9 'fins' that start at the top of the hub and work their way down to the base. It looks like the new unit only has 8 that run top to bottom but it has several that are closer to the base and not the full length. Hard to say whether this would affect performance at all but it might be worth an email to s/c rebuilds to see what they have to say about it.

Vortech probably own the patent for that 9 fin design. .... G.

Jussst abooooot.

99mystique received it. Maybe he will have time to assemble it this weekend... Or he might be out braaaaap braaaaap in the snow.

Yep, it came Tuesday. I'm not sure but it looks like it's gonna be raining on Saturday and if that's the case we won't be heading up north to ride. The upside is that'll give me some time to figure out why her sled feels the need to foul out the mag side plug and should give me some time to reassemble the head unit. :)

I should also have time to get the jackshaft and one coupler over to the machinist that worked on mine as well. We'll see how things pan out!

Once this is gone and a few other projects out of the way I need to pick up my 3L... :D

Back