• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vibration

if you're going to replace the LCA's the just block the engine and drop the subframe. it's a little extra work but IMO will make things lots easier in the long run. i tried the jacking the tranny thing for the clearence i've so much talk about and i could never get enough clearence on the front drivers side bolt to get it out. i'm just thinking that if you re-install the bolts for the LCA upside down and Murphy's law come knocking (like it seems to happen with these cars) and the nut backs off for what ever reason your bolt is gone. however if it's put back in through the top then it shouldn't be able to go anywhere. this is just me. also i had no top to bottom play in my wheel bearing which is weird to me. and no hum just a little vibration at highway speeds and side to side play. good luck.

Ok I tried putting the tires back the way they were. Now it like shutters , pauses, shutters, pauses continuesly while driving?:shrug:

does it happen at all speeds or only at certain speeds? i'm thinking maybe you have a tire or two out of balance or perhaps a a bubble or belt seperating.

Back