• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Urgent: Needs to find a home!

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Mods, please don't push this to the classifieds. I need this to get the most traffic from our local crew as it can. I'm also not selling him, he is free. I just need to find it a good home. I'd bring it to the local shelter, but they've already said they'd put him down.

I do not know his age, but he can't be more than one and a half years old. It is a male, and very friendly. I do believe he is not neutered and not de-clawed. He's way too comfortable around people to actually be a stray. I don't know if it's had shots...but he isn't foaming from the mouth. He appears to be in great health, no crusted up eyes, or bumps on the surface hinting at cysts.

I've already named him Ottis, but I'm sure he'd get used to other names.

1251380655.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
You know, I didn't even find anything wrong with the puppy comment until you pointed it out :laugh:. I read it, and thought, "yeah, it is cute." :nonono::help:. I must be tired

Kitty at my foot and I wanna touch it.

If my new house allowed cats (only stipulation was NO CATS) I would totally take that guy off your hands, but already have 4 animals at my other house.

1 fat cat and 3 border collies is too much.

BTW, the first line is from a Presidents of the United States of America song, entitled "Kitty" which I highly recommend and also the rest of their stuff is good, like Boll Weevil.

Cute looking cat, but I already have 2 dogs, one cat, one snake, and a wife. Too many animals already (Maybe I could get rid of Tammy to make room, though :laugh:) Good luck findin' a home for it.

Kitty at my foot and I wanna touch it.

BTW, the first line is from a Presidents of the United States of America song, entitled "Kitty" which I highly recommend and also the rest of their stuff is good, like Boll Weevil.

Thanks, now I have Kitty in my head, just gonna have to play it at work!

Last edited:
I don't think we'd be able to manage another cat on top of the cat and dog we already have :-/. I wish I could help out...

Try searching around to see if you can find a no-kill shelter to bring him to.

problem with that is every shelter is over crowded as it is...they probably wouldn't take him.

i called every single one within a 30 miles radius last year...long story short, i now have a cat. :blackeye::laugh:

problem with that is every shelter is over crowded as it is...they probably wouldn't take him.

i called every single one within a 30 miles radius last year...long story short, i now have a cat. :blackeye::laugh:

well your local shelters suck then, but that doesn't mean that EVERY shelter in the whole country is like that.
Ours takes them all in.
They have a foster program to help relieve the overcrowding issue.
Our last 3 cats have been from that shelter.
All of the animals there are very well taken care of and loved by the shelter employees.

All of the animals there are very well taken care of and loved by the shelter employees.

I'm not talking about the personnel. I'm talking about the clientele. My actual cat, Owen, has been adopted twice. First by the family that abused him, and then by my sister. Since she moved into an apartment where she can't have cats...I got him.

So I'm a little hesitant to hand this little guy over to a shelter after hearing Owen's story from the shelter he came from.

I hope that cat gets a home i love cats but my parents would beat me if i brought another one home.

On a side note..Glenn turns out my oil leak was the oil sending unit..so its supposedly fixed now..idk...better be fixed tho they had my car for 3 days.

Cute looking cat, but I already have 2 dogs, one cat, one snake, and a wife. Too many animals already (Maybe I could get rid of Tammy to make room, though :laugh:) Good luck findin' a home for it.

i just laughed outloud at work and everyone around me just turned around and stared at me.

well your local shelters suck then

uh, yeah...north shore animal league sucks. :rolleyes: lolz.

i'm trying to remember what they told me. something like they were over crowded with cats and were not able to take any more until the winter time. something about breeding slowing down. i guess they get a lot of strays.

they did give me about a dozen other numbers of places that specifically take cats...including a lady who just takes them into her house until she finds thme a home and it was all the same.

only option was the pound, and, well we know what happens there.

i don't think it has anything to do with the shelters sucking, as you put it. more like there's just an insane amount of stray and abandoned animals out there. obviously more here than in your area just because it's more heavily populated.

anyway, just like how you said the situation here isn't necessarily the same around the country. well, the situation in NH might not be the best gauge of the shelter situation across the country either.

the facts are that between 6-8 million animals a year get put into shelters and about half are euthanized. simple math really...there's more going in than there are coming out. as a result, and after experiencing it myself, a shelter is just not an option...especially when it comes to cats. dogs tend to fare better in shelters.

anyway, i found a quick list of some places in PA you could try glen:

http://www.nokillnetwork.org/d/Pennsylvania

Back