• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

upgrading for boost

newb

Hard-core CEG'er
hey guys, so on my 98 im trying to do all the upgrades needed when boosting our cars, before hand so that im ready. other than the obvious trans and diff upgrade, maybe exhaust, headers(since ill probly go npg where i can use my headers). what else should be done? thx guys

Search, this has all been covered before, and fairly recently.

But to answer your question. Is this going to be a 3L turbo or 2.5 Turbo? If 3L then you are going to want larger injectors (39 or 42lb/hr), 80 or 90MM MAF, Brakes (not necessarily needed but very beneficial), and a nice set of tires.

I know that plenty of people will disagree with me on this one but if I were going to do a forced induction mod on my SVT, the motor would certainly get upgraded with forged steel connecting rods and forged pistons (thinking long term durability).

my plan is over then next year to upgrade the maf and inj, next winter hoping to buld the engine and get the heads ported and polishedd.

my plan is over then next year to upgrade the maf and inj, next winter hoping to buld the engine and get the heads ported and polishedd.
Personally; i would not upgrade the MAF and injectors on the stock engine ... you will have to tune for that and will be totally unecessary on a stock engine.
It might be better to collect all the parts required and install them all together.

btw .. you'll need an upgraded fuel pump and regulator too .... G.

the fuel regulator should be fine, I'm still using the stock one.

a turbo 2.5L will need larger injectors also, iirc 24# should work. a turbo 3L, as noted, will need 42# injectors and a larger maf.

And as noted you will have to tune for the maf and injectors on a stock engine, so it would be better to do that all at one time.

building the engine is your call. most are running a stock engine, some have a built engine.

Back