• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated turbo install pics

its all about how you apply the power. just put your foot to the floor and sure something is going to break from the shock loading. roll into the throttle is alot easy on everything.

you're right, especially in first gear...but sometimes I get a little wheel hop at the top of second gear :help: :D

think I said this already but fastcougar over on NECO with his home built turbo kit and built motor was pushing 22 psi at one point through the mtx75. granted it was worked over to handle that but it can be done ....

Wait just a minute....

That is not clean! ;)
Should have had me clean it, after cleaning four of them, I'm a pro.
During the second cleaning Jason made me a plastic bag shirt since I was using the cordless drill w/ the brush on the LIM. Remember, I like to get dirty. :laugh:

If you insist, I do have an 95 000 miles 2.5 in my car that was never cleaned... as a consolation prize? It could certainly use a good clean heh ;)

think I said this already but fastcougar over on NECO with his home built turbo kit and built motor was pushing 22 psi at one point through the mtx75. granted it was worked over to handle that but it can be done ....

really? what numbers was the motor making?

your probably right, if only I had the money for it at the time when I had the clutch and flywheel installed...I should have just sucked it up, but didn't think I was going the turbo route and need it :shrug: oh, well...I guess I'll wait until it breaks.

Glad to see you're back :)

hi buddy thanks for the reply and the pics, and also for the info, using this i did mine and now its being remapped and having a megasquirt unit fitted to the car as we speak, the car has been at the mans garage for over a week now so im missing my car, but i trust its being looked after, i will call him tomorow to see how its getting on, but hopefully i will have it back soon as i want to drive my turboed st24 properly for the first time :)

on the boost i dont know what its going to run, but as we and he knows 7-8 is for a stock motor but ive got diamond racing forged pistons in my engine that ive rebuild with uprated headgaskets, new timing components, new rod bolts and bearings, ford racing torsen lsd, fidanza flywheel, stage 3 clutch kit, stage 2 driveshafts, and of course the stage 2 turbo kit from joey, so hopefully it will get some good power down to the wheels, my uk thread of my st24 mondeo is in my signature if u click on it, on the first page ive got a table of contents of what pages have what ive done to my car if your interested in seeing what ive done to it, its pretty long, but its got alot of stuff on there that ive done to my car and it will get bigger as ive still got bits to modify to my car :cool:

again thanks for the help :)

thanks! :) and yes, I do still have the car...I believe my vacuum line set up is the same as the other two responses, the difference being that I added another t fitting off the bov which goes to the boost gauge. I'll check to see if I have more pictures, but the vacuum line thing was confusing to me at first, too...

here's some pictures I found that might be helpful:

IMG_0472.jpg

close-up of the second t...

IMG_0473.jpg

the line from the brake booster goes to this first t...the line on the left side of the t goes to the wastegate, the line on the right goes to the second t...

IMG_0477.jpg

the line on the left side originates from the first t, line on the right goes to the bov...the nylon line in the center goes to the boost gauge...hope this all makes sense. :)

hey, no problem :) checked out your link, that's quite a list you have there and that 128 page thread :crazy:, be sure to post how she runs with the nos...

hey, no problem :) checked out your link, that's quite a list you have there and that 128 page thread :crazy:, be sure to post how she runs with the nos...

im not too sure if im going to use the nos yet, but i think it will do good with the upgrades ive got in the engine, and next im going to build a 3.0 hybrid but a forged one, which will equall good numbers again, it wont happen quickly, but little by little i will get it done :)

Back