• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Underglow

silver rocket

Hard-core CEG'er
Ok so i ordered underglow from autolumination and was wondering how am i going to hook it up? I know the easy way and any way that i cant do my dad can hes a electrician and my brother is a mechanic so i know wiring or any thing else wont be a problem. But what i would like to know is are there any specific ways for contours to be set up? I know alot of you might make fun of this but im only 17 so leave me to spend my money of stupid stuff.

just make damn sure if you do it you make it to where the bulbs/tubes will not be seen on or off. Put your side tubes to the inside of the pich weld under the car, and get creative with the front and rears. As far as the wiring goes there is really nothing to it.

There are a few ways you can hook it up. Many people wire the power directly to the battery. You can wire it to a switched power source so that it only comes on when the car is on. Probably one of the easiest things to do is to get a fuse tap and put it in a lighting fuse. Then your underglow will only come on when your lights are on. Of course this might cause your lighting to dim slightly, but if you are using LEDs then it wont be a problem.

Then light icysvt said. Make sure that the tubes are hidden. Nothing looks worse than tubes you can see. The rear can go on the bumper support and I cant remember off hand where I had mine on the front when I had them, you'll find a spot though if you look. Just get creative.

Then light icysvt said. Make sure that the tubes are hidden. Nothing looks worse than tubes you can see. The rear can go on the bumper support and I cant remember off hand where I had mine on the when I had them, you'll find a spot though if you look. Just get creative.

Exposed bulbs are illegal here as well BTW so hide them for aesthetics' sake as well as eliminating an excuse for a stupid ticket (depending on your local laws).

I know all of the fun stuff with the police i have asked alot them. And i will not have the bulbs visable thats what makes underglow look gay. I am probably going to hook the switch up to one in my interior so i can turn them on when i like. Also they have a remote so thats allways helpful. If any one has pictures for mounting that would spped up my creative process.

Back