• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ugh. Want school to end.

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
This week has been so hectic for me. The crazy part is...I haven't even worked this week at Big Y! My first day of Big Y this week is TONIGHT. Monday night I was up until 1am drawing on CAD, Tuesday I was up until 2am working on a project, and Wednesday I was up until 2am working on the same project. I had to get up at 6:00am for work on Tuesday morning, and I got up at 7:30am for class on Wednesday, and I got up at 7am this morning for lab! I have been so busy I haven't even been able to do laundry! WTF!? And I also have baaarely been on CEG. Ughhhhh.

I went to a career fair today and talked to a few companies. I talked to VHB, CHA, CDM, LEI, Bath Iron, and BETA Group. I'm so close to getting out this stinking school and getting into the real world, but I still have a few months to go :(.

/rant

Getting up at 6 and 7 might sound early to you but get used to it every single day if you want a "normal" 8:30-5 job. Even earlier if you are blessed with a 2 hour commute.

Hang in there for the next few months or so, good being proactive on your job hunt, it puts you in a better position than the slackers.

I'm ALWAYS up at 7am, it really isn't a big deal at all. It becomes a big deal when I'm up until 2 or 3am doing work! I actually set my alarm for 6:30 and I snooze until just after 7...

Getting up at 6 and 7 might sound early to you but get used to it every single day if you want a "normal" 8:30-5 job. Even earlier if you are blessed with a 2 hour commute.

yeah but not after staying up til 2 am everyday busting your ass on homework.
I'm sure he has no problem with the 6:00 wakeup part of the "real world".

Hang in there, peen. :D
Seriously, it sucks, but it builds character (I can't think of a less old person way of putting it)
And the stress you're going through is EXACTLY why I think people are bat:censored::censored::censored::censored: crazy for waxing nostalgic about college. I think they easily forget the classwork.

lol, my last semester was my easiest. but then again it was going into my 5th year and I only had one real engineering class. the rest was english and geography to be full time so I could live on campus.

I'm still not used to getting up for work every day and I've been out of school for 2 1/2 years! I dont get into the routine either. I can sleep till 2pm easy on the weekends.

School sucks, but it's a great feeling when you are done with it. You gotta keep on keepin on. Life's a garden, dig it!

i kinda wish i was back in school..not for the classes but for the box.
hehe

my first real job out of college had me up at 4:30 every morning.
before that i had been working construction and was up at 6:00

i also worked 3-4 jobs up until 2 years ago.

I don't mind getting up at 4:30 as long as I get to bed on time. I was up until 2am again this morning doing work, and up at 7 once again. The compounding days have really got to me this week. Usually I can survive on 6 hours of sleep, but I'm down to 5 or less this week, plus stress. I attempted to take a nap while in a computer lab between 10 and 12. It was mildly successful.

Everyone goes through it... It'll all be over soon. It sucks, but w/e. If it was meant to be easy anyone could do it.

I don't mind getting up at 4:30 as long as I get to bed on time. I was up until 2am again this morning doing work, and up at 7 once again. The compounding days have really got to me this week. Usually I can survive on 6 hours of sleep, but I'm down to 5 or less this week, plus stress. I attempted to take a nap while in a computer lab between 10 and 12. It was mildly successful.

FWIW, I was up at 3:45 this morning to be to work by 4:45. Went to bed at 11 last night.

This is the fun part of IT they never tell you about!

Back