• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

turbo svt pix

just some fyi, i caught you "saying" TRUNK instead of "boot" in one of your posts. and ive never heard you say "wings". youve really got to pay attention to those little details or people will pick up on it.

i was born in Germany, lived there for a little while, and have a passport that says im a German citizen, but i dont walk around trying to talk like it :rolleyes:

how do you say "le poseur" in the Queen's English? :laugh:

dude let it go; jokes are ment to be funny, right?

Those are good numbers, and Ary isnt hurting anything by recirculating it back into the intake, infact he may be gaining some driveability.

He is defenitly gaining some driveablity. Losing unmetered air ftl. I have mine vented to atmosphere and I love the sound, but I may change to recirc for better driveability. Recirculating the bov won't hurt performance in the slightest as someone was talking about. You only gain hp from venting your wastegate to atmosphere. I have a stock exhaust catback piping in my svt, but my wastegate is VTA... and I bet it would have more or equal power to a trubendz 2.5 inch catback with the wastegate recirced. Plus, with a boosted car, it is easier and $700 cheaper to turn up the boost 1 psi to see similar gains, if not more gains than an entire cat back with aftermarket straight through mufflers, resonator, etc.... ;)

To other guy who ran 255hp at 7.25 psi, those are pretty darn good numbers for only 7psi on a stock 2.5 with stock manifolds, stock cat back exhaust, etc.... I don't think you guys are holding back to much power with stock catback on 2.5 turbos with your wastegates VTA. We dump alottt of restriction from the exhaust when that sucker opens.

After writing all that stuff, I forgot whose thread I was in! Awesome to see some pics with the FMIC! Now finish up the exterior of that thing and you'll have one nice ride. Congrats and enjoy boost!

Reebs

Last edited:
Back