• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

turbo descision?

i was told by a guy who has a highly modified focus that its risky on turboing a duratec engine because there is alot of things that can go wrong if it isnt precise. so i was wondering whats the best way to get power out of a 2.5 and what brands ud suggest thanks

no I have an ADC kit which was shortly produced around 5 years ago. I think only a handfull of these kits still exist. You can try a nautilus kit.

These engines are tanks. You need proper knowledge to make any build sucessful. But I learned how to tune engines on a 3.0 Duratec and I did some crazy awful stuff to it a couple years ago. I have rebuilt the engine twice over the past couple years. I once broke a ringland. 100% due to my tuning. Anything is risky. Youve just gotta be willing to do the work. If you don't know and don't want to risk anything pay to have it installed by a shop focused on forced induction.

well with me im not worried about engines i have a 3.0 2ith 15,000 on it and an extra svt 2.5 but i havent decided from turbo or supercharger yet i need to scale out all of the pros and cons this is my first properly working svt my other svt and reg contour were junk. but if i decide turbo il look up steps on here or a video

Well, unless you are going to build your own supercharger kit the turbo is the only off the shelf option. A supercharger kit is a pain in these cars. Roots blowers are out of the question due to space. Centrifugal superchargers will work but it's a pain to setup. I know, I built and sold them a while back.

Back