• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo 2.5, Turbo 3L, and Stock STI

I see stock sti run 14sec 1/4mile all day at my track on weekends. Shouldn't a turbo contour be in the 14sec or better depending on the driver.

Sounds like someone needs to practice more. I ran a 14 flat in my stock wrx(cougarfest 2004), 13.4 with header, full exhaust, MBC, and a 12.7 @ 108 when I added an STi turbo.

Stock STi's with a good driver will see low 13's. It also depends on which year you're talking about. 07's have better gear ratios than previous models and do very well. I've seen some dip into the 11's with bolt-ons, tune, and stock turbo.

I was thinking around 22% i recall.

correct...

Last edited:
Stock STi's with a good driver will see low 13's. It also depends on which year you're talking about. 07's have better gear ratios than previous models and do very well. I've seen some dip into the 11's with bolt-ons, tune, and stock turbo.

So, you're saying you've seen a STOCK STI run 11's (at a 1/4 track??) with "bolt-ons" (what.. every single bolt on piece available?) and a tune?

How did you drop 2.5 or more seconds from a time with bolt ons? a second, or second and a half is easy to see.. but DAMN they're a "great" driver to run 11's in a bolt-on stock STI..

So, you're saying you've seen a STOCK STI run 11's (at a 1/4 track??) with "bolt-ons" (what.. every single bolt on piece available?) and a tune?

How did you drop 2.5 or more seconds from a time with bolt ons? a second, or second and a half is easy to see.. but DAMN they're a "great" driver to run 11's in a bolt-on stock STI..

Do you know how much difference a tune makes on a turbo car? I know you do.....And yes....he had a turbo back, intake, plugs, and a tune. Certainly not every bolt on available;)

i dunno... sti 11's are like srt4 12's.

lol....how do you figure? Any hard research to back this up? The STi vf39 has proven to hit 11's with mild bolt ons. The 07's will most certainly do it with the new gear ratios. Srt4's have hit 13.2's with just stage 2 from mopar and that's not much(injectors, wastegate, mopar reflash) . Though the STi will pull a much better 60' time and that's a very, very important part of any 1/4 mile run:)

oh good, found his slip.....left lane and here is the thread on nasioc http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1482792&highlight=stock+sti+turbo

05 STi stage 2 - 1st pass too apparently.
untitledMedium.jpg

From car and driver:

One look reveals the probable character of the beast, so let's just cut right to the quick. The Neon SRT-4 rips to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, to 100 in 13.8, covers a quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds at 102 mph, and keeps on huffin' all the way to 153 mph.

So they must run stock 12's :rolleyes:

From car and driver:

One look reveals the probable character of the beast, so let's just cut right to the quick. The Neon SRT-4 rips to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, to 100 in 13.8, covers a quarter-mile in 14.2 seconds at 102 mph, and keeps on huffin' all the way to 153 mph.

So they must run stock 12's :rolleyes:

Who said anything about stock and 12's. As I recall I said they have hit 13.2's with stage 2. Last time I checked, 13 wasn't 12 and stage 2 isn't stock.....

thumbs up for your reading skills gentlemen, lol:rolleyes:

I think you'd beat a stock STI.If an Evo runs close to a 2.5 turbo you'd beat an STI.Evo's are was faster/nicer than an STI.

Back