• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trubendz 2.5" piping kit HORRIBLE QUALITY

1fastfucus

CEG'er
Before I get started, I know it has been stated on this forum of the lack of quality for as long as i can remember with the contour's exhaust systems they sell.. 3+ years? I wanted to due a new exhaust before winter because no cats, 1 glasspack and side exit is LOUD.

Well it came in the mail and I layed it all out under the car on jack stands. Surprise! Missing- Flange, Flange gasket, 1 hanger, 1 clamp

Good thing im welding 90% of it and not using the flange so I brush it off and start working. So NONE of the pipes will slide into each other! Where they cut the ends of the 2.5" ID pipes it crimped the pipe all the way around inward to it was actually 2.5" OD on the inlet. I had to put each 2.5" ID on my chop saw and take about 3/4" off just so I could get them to fit 2gether!

Well finally time to start lining everything up... Everything was great until I got to the tail pipes. The drivers side exits inside the bumper and the passenger side exits perfectly in line with the bumper cutout. back to the chop saw!

Final say- Horrible quality control! Doesnt anyone there even take a glance to see if everything is there or if the cuts/bends look at least decent? I mean my 3" stainless steel for my Fsvt fit beautifully when i got it last year from trubendz. Im so glad I have a garage, welder and chopsaw because this would of taken ALL DAY but... now... everything is lined/welded up and it sounds AMAZING ("typeX" mufflers).

Pics:

l_3f8250f222c647a88c9ca4f0b2fe8d52.jpg

l_8614fb23d0c54747ad56d5e028868612.jpg

l_44e6b0186d494805ae3af35afa4d079d.jpg

O, take it you like the wing? Ive had it 4ever.. always wanted 2 put it on something I didnt mind drilling holes in. Dont worry its set at zero downforce haha... and 310,000 daily driven miles on the body and not one body panel/door from the same car, i think it looks alright. Besides, my other SVT has always been the good lookin one-

l_59da9eee91fe4c659b9d2d92fe137ac6.jpg

l_13a7ef1ee45bdd584ad90e8acab90871.jpg

are those tips part of a trubendz kit, they seem awfully big compared to their pictures on their site...

are those tips part of a trubendz kit, they seem awfully big compared to their pictures on their site...

Mufflers are from a friend of mine. 2.5" Inlets .. "Type X" mufflers, my friend removed them from his 350z when he traded it in.

There is probably a airplane near you missing parts of it's wing... Damn that thing is huge. We don't even need a wing that large to go 200 mph in Top Dragster.

There is probably a airplane near you missing parts of it's wing... Damn that thing is huge. We don't even need a wing that large to go 200 mph in Top Dragster.

Missing airplane parts? If planes were made of fiberglass.. that statement is just assinine :rolleyes:

Its off a EVO 7 that was wrecked at my buddies body shop

And btw.. you do need a wing that big, actually bigger to go 200mph in a Top "FUEL" Dragster.. I figured you would know that 'chief' w ur background and all

see--

113_0602_01_z+top_fuel_teardown+launch.jpg

top%20fuel%20news.jpg

Lay Off

Missing airplane parts? If planes were made of fiberglass.. that statement is just assinine :rolleyes:

And btw.. you do need a wing that big, actually bigger to go 200mph in a Top "FUEL" Dragster.. I figured you would know that 'chief' w ur background and all

see--

Lay Off

I'm gonna tell you now, since you obviously do not know, before you embarrass yourself more.

He knows what he is talking about. He works on race cars more often than you change underwear, and I am not insinuating that you are wearing dirty drawers either.

You are gonna have to expect, that if you put a giant wing on a contour, people are gonna make fun of you. You just need to be prepared for that and answer them by saying that you like the way the wing looks, so what to what they think.

BTW, they dont need the wings.

picture.php

This is from his gallery even, just so you are prepared for the pwning you could get if you try and argue with him.

Well Top Fuel is more like 315 MPH in 1000 Ft. so Top Fuel = Really Big wing. Top Dragster 180-200 mph = No Wing

Your car doesnt look that bad, but the wing is just ridiculous.

see--

1. Many airplanes ARE made of fiberglass.

2. Your car can't go 200mph. Especially not with the drag from that wing.

3. Top Fuel Dragsters use the large rear wing in order to increase load on the DRIVEN wheels to maintain accelerative traction at high speed. In order for your setup to be even remotely comparable in purpose to the Top Fuel wing, you need to mount it to your hood instead of the trunk.

4. You just need to admit why you really have your wing. Its for appearances, that's all. I don't particularly like it, but its not my car so it doesn't matter. Just quit deluding yourself that it is there for some real purpose other than aesthetics on a FWD street car. As it is, it already increases drag and hurts your fuel economy and top speed.

Fucus, What I had said before is a Top Dragster wing is smaller than yours. There is more than one class in drag racing that has the name "Dragster" in it. We only need wings when we go over 200 mph, below that they are optional. A wing on my car will slow it down 4 to 5 miles per hour because the extra drag. A wing does not make a car go faster.

My opinion is that I just don't like giant wings on any car. You can have a different opinion, life goes on.

Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth ( or keyboard ) and remove all doubt.

Fucus, What I had said before is a Top Dragster wing is smaller than yours. There is more than one class in drag racing that has the name "Dragster" in it. We only need wings when we go over 200 mph, below that they are optional. A wing on my car will slow it down 4 to 5 miles per hour because the extra drag. A wing does not make a car go faster.

My opinion is that I just don't like giant wings on any car. You can have a different opinion, life goes on.

Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth ( or keyboard ) and remove all doubt.

I did point out that the wing is set to NO downforce.. i.e. its for looks. I know the function on a wing is to create downforce to keep the rear wheels planted.

This has been a budget car since I paid $1400 for it years ago when it was bearly running and a bad clutch at 120k miles. I didnt put an erector set wing on like 90% of people. The wing sits flush and doesnt look bad (my opinion along with everyone elses not here on the board) and was free. The 84 300zx turbo hood scoop was free also, glad I didnt put up pictures of my functional ram air for the board to rip on.

Glad there was like 2 comments to my exhaust setup, thanks guys, got sound clips comming up soon unless my wing is going to be what everyone talks about when I post up vids. The exhaust sounds amazing with very minimal rasp (surprised me with no cats)

ok, back on topic then, my trubendz fit terribly. Pipe lengths were wrong, hangers were wrong and in the wrong place, all sorts of stuff. They would be pretty decent stuff if they could just get the basics right.

ok, back on topic then, my trubendz fit terribly. Pipe lengths were wrong, hangers were wrong and in the wrong place, all sorts of stuff. They would be pretty decent stuff if they could just get the basics right.

I just dont understand how the 3" Stainless Steel test pipe, 3" flex pipe, and 3" flex back fit perfectly on my Focus SVT from tru-bendz. Those are really hard extreme bends to make compared to the contour's cat back.

Trubendz has had issues and will continue too..... until they care. As for them make a change in the future?...I've tried on many occasions to contact them to correct these issues so they can have a better rep on here. So they can actually be considered for a quality catback exhaust. They pretty much blew me off saying their exhaust is sound and the only issues they have acknowledged were very minor. Which could be corrected with them shipping the customer parts.

So from there and on..i've always just given a negative feedback on company.
And well i just recommended people to build there own exhaust.:cool:

Back