• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trouble - Keep and Eye Out for my car 1996 Black SE

Hey all. I sold my car back in November 2008 last year and haven't frequented this site in a while. I'm back now but am requesting you guys to watch out for my car as I had some dealings that went wrong with the buyer. Before begin, let me put my flame suit on and grab a fire extinguisher.... ok

I sold my car to a buyer that resides in Chantilly VA. In the process, I left my tags on the vehicle and didn't think twice about retrieving them. I have been try to recover them since as well as trying to collect a past due balance on the vehicle.

I have since cancelled my tags KHJ 6601 registered in VA. Problem is that I have not been able to recover them and I know the buyer will not return them to me. It was too late when I got to know about this as the person has caused some legal issues for me while driving on my tags and car which she has not registered in her name.

If you see my car, or live in Chantily, can you please PM me? I will provide you with my phone number. A reward will be given for your efforts in a successful recovery of my tags.

ceg goes kgb news at 11

i actually had a guy i sold a car to do the same thing and i just cancelled it and moved on:shrug: you should have some proof of sale

I called the police but they have refused to do anything for the report. Per the officer, he states that because I left them on the car myself, I inherently given the person permission and said that I have illegally did myself a bad deed. I stated that at the time of the sale, I had not thought twice about it but he refused to take a report. I however have cancelled the tags with DMV but still have my doubts. Thus far I ordered a copy of the vehicle transcripts and am hoping this will hold up in court.

Thanks SoopaCooga - I've sent you a PM. If you see the car can you call me? I'll retrieve the tags myself.

wouldnt the police do that? especially if the car was invoved in some kind of trouble. that way you had proof you werent in posession of it

Back