• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Trailing Arms

Geddup Noise

CEG'er
I need a passenger side trailing arm for 2000 SVT contour. Mine is bent. can't find the part new anywhere online. Found one shop that I thought had them but the soon cancelled my order. :mad:

Anyone know whether these are the same on Pre-98 tours?

thanks.

IMGP0629.jpg

part number F5RZ 5K898-A

Hello Russell Smith,
M Grieco Enterprises INC DBA Metro Ford (sgoulart@metromotorgroup.com) has issued a full refund for your payment.
Message from merchant: Hi Russell,
Thank you for your order and Happy New Year. Unfortunately the Rear Suspension Trailing Arm you ordered is not available at our location. We will be pulling that part off eBay so there are no future orders, again sorry for any inconvenience and we will refund your PayPal payment right away. You will also receive an eBay email requesting to cancel the transaction. By agreeing to cancelation of the transaction PayPal will be notified and you will receive your PayPal fee credited back to your account, for the canceled transaction.
Sorry again for any inconvenience,
Ford Original Parts

unfortunately if neither of the other 2 listings have them you are out of luck .I just checked the nations inverntory and no dealer in the US shows one available...

unfortunately if neither of the other 2 listings have them you are out of luck .I just checked the nations inverntory and no dealer in the US shows one available...

If that's the case I may end up having no choice but to pull a used one. It does look like they used this part for entire fleet of CDW-27 platforms, so at least there should be plenty of used ones out there.

I find the same problem on so many websites
They list product they haven't carried for month sometimes years
Like everything on the net...it stays up forever even when they can't get it
feel your pain its far worse in Canada

Emailed the other eBay seller. They don't have them either. Figured. I think I may have found some from contour_r_us. Just awaiting his reply. Thanks for all the help guys!

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back