• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Too early to talk Dragon?

KingpinSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, I've planned out my trips for my friends wedding, my bachelor party, & my wedding/honeymoon and I still ended up with two days vacation. I could use it at Christmas, but I'm thinking returning to the Dragon would be more fun. Is the fall trip around the same time each year?

Hopefully the Si will come back with a few more goodies. Hopefully intake/exhaust, maybe new springs. I dunno. I'm getting the itch. :help:

the only time i would be able to go without skipping classes would be the first weekend in October. that would be a week earlier than last year.

I'm flexible on the dates. Actually, the earlier the better. First week of October would probably be fine.

I'm flexible on the dates. Actually, the earlier the better. First week of October would probably be fine.

I was just about to come on here and "put my toe in the water" on something for you guys, check it out. For the past 2 years I've been trying to get my buddy Derek to go out there with me and his scedule hasn't matched up due to the fact that he's in the National Guard. He never knows his drill scedule till after August and by then we've got our dates voted on and "official" thread roaring away. This year he really wants to go, in his own car, a modded out Saab 9-3 and he said he'd like to go the first/second week of Sept this year, so what do you guys think. I know this doesn't work out for everyone, but I was hoping you guys would understand:cool: Not to twist your arm anymore, but my buddy served our country in Iraq for over a year, so lets try and work to his scedule just this one time, after that, he'll be able to work around ours, what do you guys think:shrug:

Personally i think Sept is going to have too much traffic to make it really fun.

I was thinking about that too, but remember last year when we hit that open window and ran the Dragon w/o anything infront of us for about a 1/3 of the trip, lets roll the dice shall we:shrug::cool: I can put up a poll for this, I mean I know its early as I usually start to set things up around the time SZ ends, so maybe I'll just do it now and go from there.

I would like to go at a less crowded time. The last trip was fun, but we spent too much time behind pockets of slow tree watching cars and bikers. I am cool with going whenever as long as it is a time when the dragon is not crowded.

I would also like to suggest that we try the Devil's triangle as well.

I think if you are there on the weekend you are bound to be stuck in traffic occasionally. I didn't think it was that awful. The only time it would be free of traffic (I'm guessing) is later in the fall when it's too cold for bikers. But the road grip can be less than inspiring then as well.

i thought our best run was on friday afternoon. we got there thurs, ran friday, and there was an accident on sat with the old biker dude.

i thought our best run was on friday afternoon. we got there thurs, ran friday, and there was an accident on sat with the old biker dude.

You gotta remember the first part of the run on Saturday though, right, right up till the accident we had the road to ourselves, noone infront of us. Its a crap shoot most weekend days anyways, just gotta get lucky to find that small window where there's no traffic infront of the group and/or noone pulls out infront of us. I'd like to see how it would be on a Wed/Thursday afternoon though:shrug:

BTW, what do you guys think about going into Gatlinburg:confused: Maybe arrive a day early and hit the "nightlife" they have to offer.

I went once during the week and it's so much better than the weekend. Very little traffic and a lot less police. The traffic on the dragon isn't bad compared to some of the other roads in the area that are attract more tourists like the one that the highest mountain in TN is on and any that have a popular waterfall. Bumper to bumper for miles on a lot of these roads on weekends.

I went once during the week and it's so much better than the weekend. Very little traffic and a lot less police. The traffic on the dragon isn't bad compared to some of the other roads in the area that are attract more tourists like the one that the highest mountain in TN is on and any that have a popular waterfall. Bumper to bumper for miles on a lot of these roads on weekends.

Thanks for the info Kremit, are you planning on making your return to our run this year:shrug:

Probably not, trying to save money to get into a house. But who knows. I'd like to.

Well you could always share a room with someone, start putting a little away right now, play the lotto, etc:shrug::laugh: We'd like to have you out there again but remember to play nice out there though:cool:

Back