• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To increase injector size or not ...

dcl

CEG'er
Hello All,

I was wondering whether you folks think the 19# injectors need to be swapped in a turbo application where I'm not looking for huge power gains?

I am in the final stages of installing a custom turbo. It is a 16G setup at 6-8lbs. I also have an FMIC, Gen 1 Lightning MAF, and SAFC installed. I do have a Diablo chip that is not installed and may not be used if I can get a good tune with the SAFC.

I recently tried Red top return-styled 30# injectors but just flooded the engine. Therefore I put Orange 19# injectors in to cure the problem.

I did not have a chance to tune with the Red 30# injectors but wanted to first verify that the 19# injectors would lead to a dangerously lean condition in my mild configuration such that upgraded injectors would be absolutely necessary.

Thanks for any input you have...
-D

Most people just pick up a used set of 39# or 42# injectors from Cobra or Lightning owners. svtperformance.com and check the market, there are normally some good deals to be found.

Back