• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tint

I have 50% on my contour now but i want 5%. Can i get the 50% off? or do i have to go over it? Thanks

50%? thats an odd number. Yes you have to take it out, lots of rubbing alcohol and razor blades to peel out the film.

dude 5% will be crazy dark, you will have a hard time seeing around you at night, especially backing out. I have 15% and have many problems with that :blackeye:

5% is going to be a little excessive. Like Goonz, I also have 15% and night visibility is extremely limited. If I were to do it again, I'd try to find something around 25%

My friend put 5% on his caddy n it looks real nice. i drove it at night and it was fine because he didnt have the tint on the front windshield.

I have 15% all the way around looks great during the day and at night but can be tricky to see out the windows at night..

My friend put 5% on his caddy n it looks real nice. i drove it at night and it was fine because he didnt have the tint on the front windshield.

well yea none of us have front windshield tinted either cause in my state thats illegal, along with 15% tint :laugh:

But the point being that say if your getting on the highway and merging, your visibility is severly hindered due to the tint in say your blind spots, and backing out at night with absoloutly no light around you, that sucks! :blackeye:

Im awfully close to going back to 35% :nonono:

50%? thats an odd number. Yes you have to take it out, lots of rubbing alcohol and razor blades to peel out the film.
Be VERY careful around your defroster lines. One pinch with the blade and the line's gone. There's a different way to do your back window, look for taking off your tint on google.

I have 50% now and will be going to %15 if I can get it, otherwise 5% or 10%. 20% looks good but you can still see inside the car :laugh: I don't mind rolling down my windows if I have to back up in a dark place or something. ;)

Here's a comparo of what 15% looks like during day-time:

tint3.jpg

i have 26% on all my windows minus front. it's great. looks dead black in the dark, and you can barely see in it in the daytime....its perfect, minus the tint tickets.....i wont take it off though :D

5%? Do you drive a limo my friend? Come on now, not only that, you don't have an auto dim mirror to help to compensate (though I think that would make it worse), plus during the day time unless your countour is black, it'll look really really borderline ricey...

Have 20% on mine and its nice on sunny days but sucks when you have to roll down windows in the rain to back up.Plus an easy way to remove tint is to peel it off.Then when just glue from tint is left on the window spray it with windex and then put black plastic garbage bag on glue.Let set in sunlight for a few and the glue will let go of glass and stick to bag insted.

tourinfront.jpg

15% Front and rear with a 15% visor strip. I had 5% only lasted for about 2 months, just to damn dark, with this I can still drive at night. If you look throught the windshield you can see what kind a visibilty there is from inside the car.

I might try the 15%. If i can get the other tint off.So all i need is a razorblade and some goo gone would work right? Or can you just peel the tint right off and then get rid of the tacky glue?

Im def. gona do 15%. but how bout the tickets i hear people getting? Do you guys just fight them or cant you go to your doctor any tell them that when your driving sun hurts your eyes?

Back