• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Time for a new car

Apex

CEG'er
I think my tranny is fried, worked OK last week, but today I have no reverse, no OD, and it acts weird. :(

Looking on trader for another Styque right now.

It's ok, I'm going to test drive a couple tomorrow.

Quick Q, did styque's come in MT? I always thought they were AT only.

Well, if my owner's manual is any indication, they do come in manual, though I'll be damned if I recall a time when I ever saw one in a styque.

Ah, I thought all MTX Stiques were private conversions ( saw a total of 2 so far).

I looked at one today, but considering the price and the general condition of the car, it was not worth it.

The other one I looked at was ATX, but it was a Zetec. I prefer the Duratec , really, so I guess I have to keep looking.

Wish I didn't have a Stique before, the reason I am limiting myself to stiques is because I have my new headlights. :(

Ah, I thought all MTX Stiques were private conversions ( saw a total of 2 so far).

I looked at one today, but considering the price and the general condition of the car, it was not worth it.

The other one I looked at was ATX, but it was a Zetec. I prefer the Duratec , really, so I guess I have to keep looking.

Wish I didn't have a Stique before, the reason I am limiting myself to stiques is because I have my new headlights. :(

The lights for a Contour are like $60 or something from the dealer right now --I wouldn't limit myself because of that. You could E-Bay your Mystique lights (or sell them on the classifieds here) and come out ahead, or only be down a little bit.

Edit: My error, they are $98 a piece at Campbell Ford here in Ottawa. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=18873

Last edited:
The lights for a Contour are like $60 or something from the dealer right now --I wouldn't limit myself because of that. You could E-Bay your Mystique lights (or sell them on the classifieds here) and come out ahead, or only be down a little bit.

Edit: My error, they are $98 a piece at Campbell Ford here in Ottawa. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=18873

What I meant, I don't want to lose the money I put into the Styque headlights... :D

What I meant, I don't want to lose the money I put into the Styque headlights... :D

You don't necessarily have to. Unless you have spent a bunch of money doing projectors, et al. If they are unused, or even slightly used factory lights, you can likely sell them for not too bad of a loss.

It's all ok anyways.

I just picked up a '98 styque, so the headlights will fit.

I am so happy to be back driving a contique... :D The hyundai I was renting just wasn't cutting it. :(

I had one last year as a rental, it wasn't to bad. I beat the hell out of it and it didn't flinch. :shrug:

I almost bought a Tiburon before I went to college, but the money situation didn't line up like I hoped it would.

Meh, I'm glad I waited. I'm in love with my SVT :drool:

Back