• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is like...a lot of snow.

I got luckly with ice on the car this morning. I figured after going out last night and some additional rain.snow that the car would be solid ice. Luckly it wasn't. However the gf car which we cleared off was a block of ice, but it wasn't driven or really warmed up like mine was. I dug both cars out last night so it was easy to get going this morning. However I did rip a whole in the weather seal on the drivers door since it froze to the door :mad:

This concept of colleges cancelling classes is foreign to me. When I went to school, they cut classes once - the blizzard of 2003 - and it was strictly a 24-hour period (11am to 11am the next day).

I had some ice on the car when I went to work but it wasn't bad. I might have ice in the wheels though, the suspension was shaking horribly on my way to work. Doesn't help that I definitely need front end work.

Jason - what are you driving if the Mustang is parked?

Last edited:
I got luckly with ice on the car this morning. I figured after going out last night and some additional rain.snow that the car would be solid ice. Luckly it wasn't. However the gf car which we cleared off was a block of ice, but it wasn't driven or really warmed up like mine was. I dug both cars out last night so it was easy to get going this morning. However I did rip a whole in the weather seal on the drivers door since it froze to the door :mad:

Yeah you're not the only breaking your vehicles while clearing off the snow. I was chipping off ice from my passenger side window, and I accidentally hit the side-view mirror somehow and cracked it :(. Now I need to go and find a new mirror!

thats why i can't wait to turn that stoopid apartment thing into a garage, at least jess' car will be out of the weather.

NE-CEG bonfire to clear it all out? :)

We'll build the garage eventually, but we're going to lose some of our yard as a sacrifice.

I'm glad that the windows in the Mustang slide down a little before the door opens. I had to get my ID badge for work out of it last week, and the car was a solid block of ice. If the windows didn't retract like that, I've got a feeling they'd have shattered.

ugh I HATE that! That happened to us the first winter we had the GL.
It wasn't too difficult or expensive to replace IIRC.
Still not fun.

yeah I don't think its expensive, but it is my fault. I was pulling on it and using an ice scraper to get the seal off the door. Just have to replace it now as it will just keep getting worse. Kicker is I repalce it like 3 to 4 years ago already because of the same thing... oh well, at least it was only in one spot.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing a, what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: they are like $60 each now :mad:

Last edited:
yeah I don't think its expensive, but it is my fault. I was pulling on it and using an ice scraper to get the seal off the door. Just have to replace it now as it will just keep getting worse. Kicker is I repalce it like 3 to 4 years ago already because of the same thing... oh well, at least it was only in one spot.

:censored::censored::censored::censored:ing a, what the :censored::censored::censored::censored: they are like $60 each now :mad:

put vaseline on the new seals before any big storm.
it will prevent them from sticking, plus it keeps them pliable for a long time.

i think about it every year, but have yet to do it.

put vaseline on the new seals before any big storm.
it will prevent them from sticking, plus it keeps them pliable for a long time.

i think about it every year, but have yet to do it.

I have used silicone before and it works reasonable well. But I haven't had to do that recently so this was kinda a surprice this morning. oh well, have to get one from the junk yard or something in the spring.

I think we wiped a little Marvel Mystery Oil on them after oiling the door seams.
Forgot to do it to the Mazda this year, but we did oil the seams.

silicone or oil work too, but can sometimes make the inside of the car smell.
vaseline is odorless.

Went out for lunch in the Fox Cougar Sunday. With only 80 pounds of ballast in the trunk, the car is outstanding in the snow.

i refused to drive yesterday because i'm a baby:eek:. i let my car heat up late last night and the ice just melted off nicely. However, the people of Longmeadow are CRAZY and still decide to go grocery shopping in awful weather conditions. who likes food THAT much?:nonono:

i refused to drive yesterday because i'm a baby:eek:. i let my car heat up late last night and the ice just melted off nicely. However, the people of Longmeadow are CRAZY and still decide to go grocery shopping in awful weather conditions. who likes food THAT much?:nonono:

We went shopping. Needed cat food and baking supplies. Grocery store is a 10 minute drive from our house. Easy drive (snow driving has never bothered me), and nobody was out, which made it much easier. We actually went out to the Outback Crackhouse for dinner. It was 40 out by the time we left, and the restaurant was empty.

The driving wasn't bad at all yesterday.

I didn't think that is was bad yesterday either when I went out around 5 ish, granted it wasn't doing anything at the time but appearently according to the local news this mornign there where 120 accidents yesterday in CT that state police responded to ... :nonono:

Last edited:
We actually went out to the Outback Crackhouse for dinner.

lol Mike and I are quite addicted to their food as well. ;)

I ran some errands Saturday morning, and decided to stop into the supermarket nearby for a couple things. It was a friggin nightmare. Everyone rushing to get their usual weekend shopping done before the storms hit.
It was the worst Saturday traffic I've ever seen at that store.
I try really hard to avoid it completely on a Saturday, but I forgot to go on Friday to get the meat for Sunday's meal.

btw, in the seasoning aisle, check out the Crockpot Season Sensations packets (something like that) if you've got a crockpot. ohhh they's is so good!

Back