• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 'Tour... A Lost Cause?

I loved my SVT but the world is too full of awesome cars and I'm going to try and own most of them for at least a few years.
Next on my list is a V8 X5 BMW (it's my wife's turn to pick a car). You do what you have to do.

The 'Tour is far from a lost cause. I just drove mine for the first time in 7 months, and got a slap in the face as to why I was so in love with it before.:cool:

The 'Tour is far from a lost cause. I just drove mine for the first time in 7 months, and got a slap in the face as to why I was so in love with it before.:cool:

Are you sure it wasn't parts falling off the car hitting you in the face:laugh:

Justkidding :)

Love the SVT tour cuz i do not see one around every corner, hell i havnt even seen one in the past 4 months. Was very random spotting. Not saying its not a fast little car or nice looking, but reason i picked this car to be my 1st is cuz i wanted something uncommon. i.e Civic(any honda really) Camery and what ever car you see EVERY day. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I've gotten alot of ROFLs today due to this site. Nice one:laugh:

I see you keep posting about your new trans. So i just been busting your ballz.

I hope it last and i'm glad your enjoying your car all over again.

My SVT Contour is my daily driver... but you know I enjoy driving it more then my modded out Camaro. This is also why I've spent more money modding my CSVT because I get more of a return on my investment. I enjoy driving the car that much more... not to mention I still manage to get 25/31mpg compared to the 9mpg I get with the Camaro.

My SVT Contour is my daily driver... but you know I enjoy driving it more then my modded out Camaro. This is also why I've spent more money modding my CSVT because I get more of a return on my investment. I enjoy driving the car that much more... not to mention I still manage to get 25/31mpg compared to the 9mpg I get with the Camaro.

"85 Camaro-1969 358ci, 503BHP"

Thats funny as hell. Me and my dad have a 84 camaro with a 1969 350 bored .30 over to 355. Came from a truck, bored and rebuilt from my dads old friend that builds engines for dragsters. We droped it right in to stock trans and rear end. Stupid t5 didnt last 2 days :p So new T56 and stronger rear end later, cant keep tires on. Dont know bout HP but around the 400-500 mark with a hell alot more tq then that.

Well, I have to say this thread generated a string of very heartfelt and sometimes controversial responses. Definitely helped me see the 'tour in a better light though. I was just getting disheartened, after all the people in the Dyno/Drag thread acting like the SVT was something to scoff at.

My command had an off-base athletic event a few days ago, and I rolled right up to the crowd in my modded SVT and parked with the wheels cocked all dramatic-like, and a crowd of dudes came over to ask questions and drool over the rims, body kit, cowl hood, etc. I love explaining to people that there is indeed a Ford Contour that comes with a two-hundred-horsepower engine, body kit, dual exhaust, and leather interior. It seemed to blow their minds, and they seemed pretty impressed. Tastefully modded Contours definitely catch the eye and stand out in the crowd, that's for sure.

I guess in a couple years I will indeed find myself a nice, modded STI or one of those crazy little rear-wheel-drive Toyota things from the mid-nineties that can be modded to have nine hundred+ horsepower and butt-rape Lambos, like that GreenBeast thing on those YouTube/MySpace vids. That really impressed me. But I think will be keeping my SVT, modding it a bit more, and writing some more How-To's along the way.

I hate to admit it, but if i ever only had a contour again, id probably boost it as well. FWD sucks, but a boosted car is still hella fun.

The contour would be a dynamite package if the clutch and diff were already beefed up a bit and could handle 250+whp.

I hate to admit it, but if i ever only had a contour again, id probably boost it as well. FWD sucks, but a boosted car is still hella fun.

The contour would be a dynamite package if the clutch and diff were already beefed up a bit and could handle 250+whp.

SPEC and Torsen solve those problems for the most part, though. And 250 HP in a 'Tour is crazy quick:crazy:

Yea, but you have to pull the trans and/or the whole motor and trans assembly which is not a fun job.
True.
So your saying it isn't worth it?
I'm not sure he's saying that as much as he's saying that he'd rather not have to go through the whole process of it. But I could be wrong. Those Mustang guys are something else:laugh:

Back