• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The rally car in race trim

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
These pictures aren't anything special. I just wanted to post them for a few people that wanted to see what my car looks like now. I'm three days away from leaving for the national championship, and I'm getting very excited. The folks at Grassroots Motorsports magazine might be driving this car since they messed up the engine on their neon this weekend. That would mean a cool article would be done on my car.
DSC02549.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

Oooh! That would be neat to see in Grassroots. It half breaks my heart to see it so clean knowing its about to get dirty.

Looks good. Good luck racing. I assume those are race tires- very odd looking tread pattern there.

I had older ones. They sucked. I almost hit a dear one night on a section of road with no lights for miles. The moon wasn't even out. The problem wasn't that it jumped out in front of me as much as it was already standing in the road. Besides. Your just jealous that my car has newer looking headlights than yours.

Don't worry Brent. I promise that I wont mess these up. I'm actually going to get a decent car cover for my car so that it doesn't get cruddy looking from being parked outside. After the rally, I will wash my car so that the paint doesn't get messed up too. This will ensure that it looks good for years to come.

some se skirts would've been a nice subtle touch...good luck at the rally....and x2 on what ryan said:cool:

some se skirts would've been a nice subtle touch...good luck at the rally....and x2 on what ryan said:cool:

I was going to say that, but I think he may have pulled them off for clearance...

Looks...cool?

:laugh: It's fun and functional, that's all that matters with a racecar

Yes Kerry. It's the same car that you saw. It's just a little more blue now. I do miss the look of the SVT bodywork. I think it's better that I disassembled it off instaed of tearing it off at 60 mph though.

I tried sucking up a little at the last rallycross they were at. Only a very little though. That didn't land me in their mag. I'm not trying to suck up by letting them drive my car as much as I'm showing good sportsmanship. Besides. I'm letting a really good driver drive what could be considered the ringer car. This years course is supposed to be very fast and flowing. My car has about 25 more hp than the next closest competitors car. Plus it has larger rally tires to support the extra power. But a contour article would be cool indeed. How many times to date has a contour been shown in a car mag?

Back