• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The new Focus

BrApple

No Life But CEG
So somehow it didn't end up snowing much, at all today. Was able to make it down to the dealer to pick the car up.

I didn't have as much of a hard time leaving the Contour as I thought that I might have, it was a good car. However it had to have the CEL turn on this morning with a P0420 code as I hit the highway to get down to Bridgeport.

So last photo of the Contour next to my Dad's Fusion. Dealer said it was going right off to auction with three other cars.

DSC_8083.jpg

And onto the new car. Its a 2012 Focus SE Hatchback, pretty much loaded. its a great driving car. Already telling me the average mpg is ~29 mpg.

DSC_8081.jpg

DSC_8082.jpg

DSC_8084.jpg

DSC_8086.jpg

DSC_8085.jpg

DSC_8087.jpg

DSC_8089.jpg

DSC_8088.jpg

DSC_8090.jpg

I love the new Focus. I was very close to getting on myself until my brother (who was the salesman) got me to test drive a Fusion Sport AWD.

Very nice!!

Trade ya my new to me 07 focus wheels for those :drool: We had a '12 in the shop yesterday for an oil change they have plenty of room under the hood for extra cylinders and stuff:cool:

:blackeye::blackeye: Just noticed they are 5 bolt rims:confused:

Trade ya my new to me 07 focus wheels for those :drool: We had a '12 in the shop yesterday for an oil change they have plenty of room under the hood for extra cylinders and stuff:cool:

:blackeye::blackeye: Just noticed they are 5 bolt rims:confused:

I did look at a used 07 ST but it doesn't come close to the new Focus.

Yeah the wheels are 5 lug. No using any of the other wheels that I have.

nice looing focus!! they have for sure got better since they 1st came out!! And I see they getting closer to the $30,000 mark

I rented one last year and got 35mpg loaded down with luggage and 4 people. We went to PC beach Florida so it was mixed driving....some city and some highway. It was also an auto. It was nice to drive but I didn't like the auto at all. Do the 18" 5 spoke wheels come as an option on the se or is it just the titanium?

well after the first tank of gas I got ~27 mpg. The computer is telling me the average mpg is ~29.

The 18" wheels are part of the Titanium handling package, so they are not available as an option on the SE. There are two optional wheels. The first set is identical in design to the SE Package wheels that are on the car, but they are painted between the spokes. The other set is a 17" set of wheels. They are black spokes with polished triangles at the end of the spokes. The Ford website makes them look gray, which would have been ok, but in real life they are black. No thanks. However you can get them completely polished which might not be bad.

I saw these when i was up at the Detroit auto show. They had a roush-charged one. I'll upload pics if you'd like. The hatch i think looks real nice. At first when i saw this thread I thought you traded your SEVT!

Good choice with the hatchback, congrats!

I like the look of the sedan better but the hatch I could see being more user friendly at times

we felt that the lines of the hatch flowed better then the sedan. Also the openning to the trunk of the sedan is pretty small. Will have alot more versitility with the hatch in the long run.

nice pickup! It's ridiculous how much nicer interiors are in just a couple years time. Were you able to get any deals or incentives on it?

When does the modding start.....

2-Ford-Focus-by-Loder1899-4.jpg

4-Ford-Focus-by-Loder1899-4.jpg

Back