• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The mysterious fixing Rear Shackle - Spring

filou901

New CEG'er
Hello all

There's a good thing I do not understand well on my Mondeo is the mounting direction of this link!

The last year I disassemble the entire rear train to un-rusting and painting and I forgot to note the direction of fitting of the two Elements.

In all technical documents I consulted indicated next to mount inside the stabilizer bar like in this link :
http://eucatparts.com/?action=cat_ford_part&s_id_part=22139&s_id_model=87

Yet on my car I try to right and left and there's only the outside that I can mount. To the inside they are all twisted and forcing threads and rubbers

Someone has an answer to this mystery?
They are mounted on which side for you?

Thank you in advance :shrug:

In the link you provided (part #8), That is the correct way it is installed. Install the shackle in the control arm first then attach it to the sway bar. That is how I have done it.

I did another test today and not after an hour I drop

Impossible in my opinion, this is a contrast to the technical documents.
My stabilizer bar must be shorter ...

Is your car sitting on the suspension or up on jackstands/lift with the suspension hanging? Sometimes it's difficult to get those sway bar links to start on any car when the suspension is hanging. Maybe try putting the car on ramps instead so the suspension is loaded.

This time I try on car wheels and on car suspended mounting same problem? If i do as in technical documents would be anti mechanics with the tie rod sideways, crashed rubber and screw fixation through higher

Sorry for poor quality :crazy:
Despite the inverse assembly manual, looks good, right?

Right rear wheel ground :

Left rear wheel ground :

Pending rear right wheel :

Pending rear left wheel :

Back