• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the feeling?

Devanmc

Veteran CEG'er
Who has noticed a difference in the feel(and if you into tracking the car, brake fade) between stock SE brakes and the larger SVT brakes?

To be honest, I felt no real difference between my upgraded SE brakes vs. SVT calipers. Get a good set of rotors/pads and get some upgraded SS braided brake lines (these will make the biggest difference)

since the calipers are the same, unless you went E0 SVT brakes, should be the same. on the track the SVT brakes should fade alittle less because of the larger rotor. I really noticed the difference going ot the full NPG brake kit ....

For pedal feel, there is a noticable difference between the two. If everything else is the same, expect the Se rotors vs. the SVT rotors, you will notice a little more deceleration for a given amount of force applied to the pedal, or amount of travel in the pedal.
Most of the time, people put new pads in at the same time, and have to rebed the rotors, and conditions change slightly, so the difference can be either masked or exaggerated in the perception of the driver.

Fade should be better for the larger SVT rotors, as the temperature in the rotors will be a little slower to rise because of the additional mass, but pad material has such a huge affect on fade that with a poor pad for track use, the fade may be just as bad with either rotor size.

thanks guys. after i get the upgraded brakes, svt fronts and rear discs. Ill be going for the upgraded pads and brake lines.

since the calipers are the same, unless you went E0 SVT brakes, should be the same. on the track the SVT brakes should fade alittle less because of the larger rotor. I really noticed the difference going ot the full NPG brake kit ....

What's the difference between SE, E0 and E1 brakes?

Back