• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the best dedicated web hosting company in the GTA?

I've used Doteasy (based in BC) for all my hosting needs. The domain renewal is expensive compared to some other places, but I've had good experiences with them. Barebones, they do offer $0 hosting. The cost comes in being allowed the use of e-commerce and/or php forums and the likes.

Were there any ones you were looking in particular?

No matter who you choose, make sure you backup all the data. I've already had a colleague ask me about how to retrieve data when their host decided to close up shop one day. I don't think anyone made a backup -- It's not pretty.

I'm looking at Canada Web Hosting (CWH)....and I see that they offer a lot for the money and webserve Canada. Both have datacenters all over Canada, bigger ones in Vancouver and Toronto.

what is this "Geographically Redundant DNS server" service? Never heard of it before.

one uses HP servers, dual/quad Xeon, the other uses Dell dual Xeon, both start at 1 GB of RAM.

:shrug: welp

Happy New Year!

I'm using hostgator for minor things, no problems with them so far, although once I move on dedicated, I'll gonna pile up on the new server.

The main reason I want to go Canadian is demographics, this site is Canadian strictly for Canadians (well...until I go global) :)

Hosting

Hosting

Hey,
Try Netfirms.ca, they are based in Toronto, decent prices, great service, and Canadian. I have been with them for 3 years now and have never had a problem.

As well my buddy in Ottawa ownes LightBox Technologies, there also great and reasonably price.

Cheers,
Keith

netfirms is terrible in the enterprise hosting, shared hosting is terrible in general...if you have a web that's demandant of resources.

I went with rackspace instead, I at least get something for the money I'm paying. :)

Back