• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thanks

rwalton

Pole's Nemisis
I started a new thread because I didn't want this to get lost in one of the others. I do a few events throughout the year and to be honest I have always been skeptical of people and club on the internet, my age I guess. But this was worth the drive, great people, great cars and lots of fun! Nelson Ledges is a scary fast track that I have always wanted to run and even though I missed a couple of sessions it was worth it. You guys have some beautiful cars and I can't help but wonder why I destroyed mine? Thanks for your hospitality, and Malcolm, you deserve the most praise, the work you put into this event I can only imagine FANTASTIC JOB!! I will be back in 2012 if poledancer brings more power and an interior, just tell me where.

Rob

PS: The Evora never passed me unless you count the time Smalls and I took a detour in turn 4, we were looking for a shortcut, bad navigator!

My first Spring Zing was a great experience. Thanks to Malcolm and everyone else who donated time/money/services/products to make the event great. It was great to meet everyone!

yes it was great to meet everyone that i didn't meet yet thanks malcolm for putting this together u did an excellent job, i had a great time yesterday for the time i was there maybe next year ill get to do more i would have loved to do nelson ledges. I'm curious to see where SZ will end up next year.

Thanks Malcom! Great time. Always great to meet new people and put new faces with screen names. Can't wait till 2012!

I will be back in 2012 if poledancer brings more power and an interior, just tell me where./QUOTE]

If more tubing counts as "more interior", then I will definitely be bringing more power, more interior and less weight to play next time. :)

It was great meeting you and everyone else. It was certainly fun playing with the 350Z and while I had him killed in braking and cornering, the 2.5 just doesn't cut it out of the corners. As for the Evora, he was behind the 350Z when I let the 350Z past and each lap he was falling farther behind....but I won't count it as being "faster" because we never went head to head. I'm very looking forward to some 100 octane. That much I can assure you.

I want to add my thanks to Malcolm for all he did to put this weekend together. It was a good time and the weather even cooperated. It was fun. Also want to thank Shawn for pointing out the disconnected IMRC linkage on my engine and telling me how to fix it. It went a long way to explain why sometimes I had the secondaries open on track and sometimes not. The lever connected to the butterflies moved freely and was probably changing positions all day. My lap times and top lap speeds really showed the difference with versus without.

PS: The Evora never passed me unless you count the time Smalls and I took a detour in turn 4, we were looking for a shortcut, bad navigator!

heyyyy now! completely a fluke! all that weight in the passenger side caused my fiesta to drift to the right while pulling out of the strip club, and caused me to hit that pot hole, bending my rim ;)

I want to add my thanks to Malcolm for all he did to put this weekend together. It was a good time and the weather even cooperated. It was fun. Also want to thank Shawn for pointing out the disconnected IMRC linkage on my engine and telling me how to fix it. It went a long way to explain why sometimes I had the secondaries open on track and sometimes not. The lever connected to the butterflies moved freely and was probably changing positions all day. My lap times and top lap speeds really showed the difference with versus without.

haha! i do that at every spring zing!!! imrc clips and tranny mounts. i cant even tell you how many i find that are broken/missing! im glad i could help!

Just wanted to say I had a good time and it was great meeting everyone. Malcolm did a great job of organizing the event, everyone was happy. I'm glad I stopped out Saturday to hang out and cruise, it was alot of fun. Nice meeting Rob and everyone else at the Show and Shine.

Rob - Your car has a mission, it's hardly "destroyed"...lol. Very impressed just by the way it sounds.. The track video I have it sounds like a demon... Glad I was able to meet you.

Thanks again,

-Dom

Just wanted to say I had a good time and it was great meeting everyone. Malcolm did a great job of organizing the event, everyone was happy. I'm glad I stopped out Saturday to hang out and cruise, it was alot of fun. Nice meeting Rob and everyone else at the Show and Shine.

It was nice to meeting you as well. Hope to see more of you and yours at future events.

wanted to say thanks too.. had a blast even though i was just there for saturday. if that was any indication on how the rest of the events went i seriously regret missing them. malcolm, you did an awesome job organizing everything and the route you came up with for the cruise was fantastic.... that was the hardest i've driven my car since i bought it, my wife was laughing the whole time. i had a great time and hope i can make it to the next one. it was good to meet everyone and see everyone's take on the same car you guys are awesome.

wanted to say thanks too.. had a blast even though i was just there for saturday. if that was any indication on how the rest of the events went i seriously regret missing them. malcolm, you did an awesome job organizing everything and the route you came up with for the cruise was fantastic.... that was the hardest i've driven my car since i bought it, my wife was laughing the whole time. i had a great time and hope i can make it to the next one. it was good to meet everyone and see everyone's take on the same car you guys are awesome.

Nice meeting you, I hope us Ohio guys can get together sometime during the summer. Glad you liked the cruise, I wasnt even pushing it....I was trying to take it slow so I could keep everyone together :laugh:

My hat's off to Malcolm and everyone else involved with planning this year's Spring Zing. I truly regret not being able to make it out earlier to enjoy all of the week's festivities, but what I was able to partake in made me proud to be associated with this site. Malcolm you've written another very positive chapter in the history of this event and for that you should be very proud of yourself, hold your head up high my friend because you've earned it.

I also want to thank Christine (LUCA), Ken, Mike (Hetfield) & Erin for treating me like royalty even though I didn't really deserve it. :) I owe you guys!!

Mark

This was my first SZ and I loved it. I wish I could have stuck around for the whole weekend....maybe next year. Big thanks to Malcolm and everyone else who helped organized everything, it couldn't have went any better. I wish the day was longer, it seemed like it went by so fast. I am down for an Ohio meet this summer, I'll be in northeast OH a bunch- lots of surface rust to tackle :(

great day malcolm..... had a good time the track was great even thought i blew the car up but all was good. Great seeing everyone and nice meeting you guys again and Josh i can't thank you enough for the tow back home. I am pretty sure i gave you close enough to fill that beast of a truck up....

Malcolm SZ was Awesome Again You planned out This SZ so well Everything was Great The Racetrack,Brewery Tour,Summitt Car Show, Cruise to the Brunswick Car Show,then the Show also. You probably had Lot of Pressure on getting this all this done in a timeline But you accomplished it Goodjob Great hanging out night with everyone in the Parking lot (Josh(pole120) you are hilarious)
And (Smalls I still have love for Linda) and (Luca Fun hanging out with you and you husband the first couple days)Cant wait till next Year

I would like to thank Mr. Walton once again for helping out with the road course to keep our costs down. He is an enthusiast in every sense of the word.

To Malcom, thanks again for putting on an amazing SZ. I know you really thought everything through and put alot of effort into each aspect. I truly enjoyed everything this weekend and best of all, I didn't get lost! The directions in the goodie bags definitely helped me out. Next year I will have a GPS with me.

haha! i do that at every spring zing!!! imrc clips and tranny mounts. i cant even tell you how many i find that are broken/missing! im glad i could help!

And I taught Shawn at Ford Nationals a few years ago how to fix. :D

Looks like you planned a great event Malcolm! I'd like to say thanks as well even though I wasn't able to make it this year.

Back