• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Temperature question

Mongoose

New CEG'er
Just wondering what everybody elses contours runs at temperature wise on the normal scale? and What degree is the stock thermostat if anybody knows off the top of their head? thanx

im sorry i guess that would help 98 CSVT, im just wondering where most of these cars run on the normal scale like around the o r m what? mine to me runs a lil higher than i would like, its not overheating by any means just a lil higher than i think it should. This is the 2nd one i have owned and i cant remember what my previous one ran at. Does anybody recommend changing to 180 degree thermostat? I hate these normal gauges i wish they had the actual numbers.

need to remember that the temp guage is calibrated per say. get a OBDII scanner that can display the coolant temp and check it out. It should be 190 to 212. No I would not recommend a 180 thermostat.

The dash temp gauge on my '99 CSVT points straight up for a good 60ºF swing of the coolant temp as read by a full sweep Autometer temp gauge.

The factory dash temp gauge is little more than an idiot light with a pointer, either put in a real temp gauge, or get an OBDII scanner that can read the engine coolant temp sensor.

Back