• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TB question

fordcupcar

CEG'er
I had my TB off the other day to put in one of those pesky little IMRC clips. Anyways, stamped onto my TB it said 3L. Now I know my intake isn't stock, as I replaced a Pro-flow MAF with a stock one recently, but I was wondering if I had a different TB on it as well. I'm doing UIM and LIM gaskets this week/weekend so I'll have everything apart again and maybe I can snap a few pictures. I was hoping someone could tell me how much different this is than stock:

TB -> rubber hosing with PCV/EGR -> huge metal tube w/ MAF -> air filter

I know the air filter is from a true-rev induction kit. I'm not sure if I have that exact kit installed or not. It's however I bought the car.

I was wondering if maybe this custom intake was causing my lean codes. Perhaps the stock MAF isn't compatibile with the custom intake?

I'll get some pics, but thanks in advance for any tips.

well thanks a lot that answers my question. maybe this UIM/LIM rebuild will cure my lean codes once and for all.

Whats the outlet size of the MAF adapter compared to the inlet size of the MAF. Laminar flow is very important for correct MAF readings and fuel delivery.

Back