• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Taurus Car Club of America at Gingerman May 9 - Looking for drivers

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
FYI -

I received the following e-mail from Jason Kennedy on Thursday...

"Jason Kennedy" <jason8225@yahoo.com>

Hello everyone,

Contrary to the e-mail I sent out a few days ago, an opportunity to have an event at Gingerman this Spring has come about.

The track is trying to fill spots and we have arrangements for an awesome deal. The track bug bit me and I couldn't pass up this opportunity.

I apologize for the last minute notice, but I was just contacted about this today.

We can have an event Saturday, May 9th with a 30 car minimum at $175/car. As usual, lunch would be included and you know that there is always a TON of track time at our events.

I don't have much time to get this e-mail out so it is very brief, but if you are interested please let me know. If you are an instructor, tech person or anyone else that has helped us in the past and would be able to help for an event on that date, please let me know.

We need commitments from everyone by next Friday, April 17th to make this happen.

This is an incredible deal for some very inexpensive track time, hopefully we can pull this off, please spread the word!

Thanks!

-Jason Kennedy
President
Taurus Car Club of America, Inc.

Then I got the following e-mail about 24 hrs later...

I wanted to update you on this. We have about 10 people committed to this event just since yesterday!

This will be a ton of inexpensive track time and is a great way to start off the season! Plus, it is a SATURDAY event so hopefully it will be easy for most of you to make it without having to take time off work, etc.

We'll have the usual Friday evening dinner & spirits for those that arrive then and, of course, the usual hotel parking lot festivities Saturday after the event. This is always a great time and it'll be nice to get everyone together again.

If there is anybody you think may be interested or any clubs/groups you can share the invitation with, please do!

Even if you're on the fence about going please let me know.

We will need payments by next Friday, April 17th. However, special arrangements are available if that's not possible - just let me know. I want to work with everyone as much as possible to pull off this event.

Hopefully all of you are as excited about it as I am. The track bug has bit and I can't wait to get out there!

Details are in the original e-mail below. An event thread with information has been posted on TCCA and will be kept updated:
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68964

-Jason Kennedy
President
Taurus Car Club of America, Inc.

Ive been a part of these events since they were started....These track days are the best thing ever! Does not matter if your car is stock or modded. its wicked fun and safe!

Hope to see you guys there!!

-Brad

A note from Jason...

Just a quick update and FYI.

There will be a 2010 SHO at our event!!!

If there's any chance you can make it, I would highly recommend it!

As you can imagine, we are very excited about this!

Event info thread is here:
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69254

-Jason

I know someone that has driven the new 2010 SHO (he did it last week alongside the various magazine people) and he was extremely impressed. He thinks it will blow the doors off other sedeans in its class and compare favorably against most performance sedans at much higher price points. He is already making plans to get one now that he has driven it.

Back